Hurts so much

FallingIn

My username before was zopdrop but I discovered that if anyone searches on that name, my posts come up. So I changed it to something that people don't know me by.
Thanks for understanding my decision to putting my son in Airbnbs. It is definitely to relieve stress for myself. I know if he were homeless, he would just show up on my doorstep when he is drunk. He's done this numerous times before - I call the police, they take him away, he comes back a few hours later. It's so stressful, not to mention embarrassing to always have the police at my house. If I ignore him at my door he makes a scene in the backyard (because he's drunk). When he has a place to stay (airbnb), he doesn't come to my house.
The situation in my city is horrible for housing. Especially the homeless. The vacancy rate is about 1%, the waitlists for low income housing is months long - if they ever get to the top of the list. The homeless shelter is very dangerous - they have over 600 people in one building and sadly, people die there. My son has been beat up, has his stuff stolen, and he is in constant fear just hoping he survives. I just can't send him there - even though he is writing his own story. Unfortunately, I am all he has, so he relies on me for everything.
I think I'm a lost cause. I know I'm just buying time until I run out of the money I am prepared to throw away on him. At some point I know I will have to walk away, but I'll wait until I get past my own health issues to do that. So sad for both him and myself.

Copabanana

It's so stressful, not to mention embarrassing to always have the police at my house.
How I know.
Unfortunately, I am all he has, so he relies on me for everything.
Me too.
I think I'm a lost cause.
I wish you did not think or feel this.

I do remember you. I am so sorry life has gotten this difficult. It does for so many of us. Please don't think this has anything to do with your worth. Life is just so hard for so many of us. We have to try hard to be kind to ourselves. You deserve your own kindness.