nvts
Reactions

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Beth this is Mechelle, I'm sorry I haven't posted in over a month, 'Sam' was put in the residential hospital and my brain has been consumed with that. 1 month and 2 weeks and her therapist has used the term "antisocial traits" more then once already. 'Sam' has been successful at manipulating a few of the staff to break the rules and let her get things so it's supposed to and today she has threaten homicidal intentions toward a fellow girl. Today 'Sam' was in possession of at least 10 silly bands and they can be used to strangle someone, which they have in her documentation she has threaten that before. I told Hazel she needs to be alot more vigilante with her and talk to the staff members she has been able to manipulate because she is very patient, cold and calculating in her thought process. I pray to God the hear my warnings before something bad happens.
    Hey! Have you filed for SSI for difficult child 2? I got it for these guys and they have an emergency "quick approval" process that they don't usually tell you about.
    meh, I am ok, it's been 3 1/2 years since I seperated from X and 2 years this month since we divorced. He's in rehab #7 and has broke up with the married woman he met in rehab #5 and had been living with. So he's been calling and texting me again. I am just starting to feel lonely and totes not into the dating scene. I am living with my parents and difficult child II (difficult child I is out of the house - but the stinker made me a grandma @ 38) My parents are NUTS! They're on the verge of divorce and I, their only child, am living smack dab in the middle of it, it's making X look good, which I know is stinking thinking, I have to get out on my own, I literally went from my parents to X @ the age of 20, separated and came back to parents, back to X, back to parents, back to X, and now here I am, @ parents again. I need to break this cycle and get out on my own, but literally have no child support coming in and can't hold FT job with difficult child II (14)
    Hey! That's great news...Cheryl sent you some virus stuff to try to help you out as well. Hope everything is at least a little better~! I'm headed out now to drag 2 old couches to the curb. You gotta love this "I am woman hear me roar" garbage. I need to re-establish friendships with my guy friends. We were always great for doing these sort of things together! AH (technically husband) drove most of my friends away (male or female - they didn't feel comfortable with him). He's one of those strong silent types that would go upstairs when people came over.

Talk to you soon!

Beth
    Beth, thanks so much for your help this morning. I cleared the cache and the cookies and now I am able to see new post, see the threads I started, reply and send messages.
    Hope your appointment went well.

Laura
    Hi! OMG! I am soooooo sorry that I never saw this message! Usually I get an email that I have a private message - I don't know what happened!

Are you ok? Is he ok? Have you made any decisions?

There are a number of different things that COULD go on with the whole molestation thing. If he trusts the counselor, he should speak to her/him. It was 5 years ago, so I don't think that there would have to be a report issued on it. Also, he could refuse to divulge the kids name so there wouldn't have to be old history dredged up.

At the ages of 10 and 12, and if it only happened once, it could be considered "experimentation" from the other boys standpoint, however, I caution you to be extremely careful about putting it that way to your son. He might consider it the wrong way and think that you're trying to cover it up and not acknowledge the incident(s). No matter what the other kid thought, your son feels violated and he needs to be helped through that. No doubt that this is a HUGE part of his anger issues! Where your reaction was via anxiety, his (being male) is aggression - theoretically - if he's tough, no one can hurt him again.

I am so desperately sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed a friend! I just stumbled upon this when I was digging around on here! I didn't even know visitor messages existed!

Here's my home email: [email protected] or you can give me a call 718-356-0277. Keep in mind, I'm just a regular mom like you :) I don't have a degree in this stuff - I just feel that the best thing in the world for him will be to get this out in the open and allow him to close an ugly chapter in his life that could cause him so much pain if he didn't let go.

Again, I'm sorry I wasn't here for you!

Beth
    Beth, hi hope your doing well. This is Laura, you gave me your phone number a while back and I called you about my son and his IEP stuff remember?

Well I am happy to announce that this year he is out of self contained and doing well. He is in VE classes which is lower student to teacher ratio then reg ed but he changes classes and goes to lunch like everyone else and he loves it.

Now I have another problem and my son just told me tonight that he was molested by another boy about 5 years ago - he would have been 10. The other boy was the same age.

I will try not to make this too lengthy and you may or may not know the answer to my question - I suggested counseling to him. I broke down and told him that I was molested when I was 12 and not long ago found out that my life long ordeal with anxiety and panic attacks could have stemmed from it. If I had gotten counseling way back then maybe I would not have been robbed of so many joys I could have had in my life.

He has a problem with anger, now I can't blame his anger totally on what happened to him because he had anger even before that but now this kid is going to his school this year and he wants to beat the **** out of him. If he does this he will land back in self contained. I told him the other kid is in self contained already and has hurt him enough why let him rob him of his freedom.

He said he would be willing to talk to a counselor but doesn't want anyone else involved or for the counselor to think he would do anything like that to someone else and consider him a threat.

So I guess my question is what might this counselor do with this information if he opens up? It is a counselor at school and he will be seeing her once a week. It's an anger management counselor. He already told me he doesn't want to do extra counseling with anyone else. Not sure what his reasoning is maybe it would cut too much into his hectic social life! I don't know.

I haven't even talked with his dad yet. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. I told him I would do some searching and investigating as to what might happen when he does open up so that is what I am doing.

If perhaps you don't know the answer and you have someone you could refer me to or an idea of someone I could talk to I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much
    Laura
    How are you feeling? little momma? And how is my niece to day ?Hmmmmm it's your Aunti star - coochie choochie coo you beautiful baby you!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…