4-6 months

flutterby

Fly away!
That's the wait list for the psychiatrist.

The one in private practice who takes my insurance is not accepting new patients and I am not going to mental health after seeing how they are (or, rather, not) treating difficult child 2.

I'm going to call OSU and see what their wait list is, but my guess is no different.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well that just hoovers!
I was talking to a friend this morning and she had a 7month wait for a Developmental pediatrician.

It is just sad and wrong that we can't get decent help and then when we find help you can't get in.

DammitJanet

Thats about what the wait list is for my psychiatrist too. I overheard the receptionist scheduling a new patient appointment at my last visit. Thankfully, it isnt that long to get in once you are a client!

flutterby

Fly away!
I have a call into another place before I call OSU, as I think it would be our best bet. I had forgotten about it. I'm not sure they take our insurance, but am hoping.

klmno

Geez....good luck...with so many mental health places closing, I would think there would be some psychiatrists out there looking for work. But maybe they are being booked up by all the unemployed people about to go postal.