$602.66...

KTMom91

...to replace the stop sign Miss KT knocked down in December. The city just sent me the bill. $200 for administrative costs...do they mean the officer that came out to chat with us? Or the public works dispatcher who made a phone call on a Sunday morning? Miss KT is irritated that "even after charging that much, I didn't get to keep the sign!"

Since Useless Boy also signed her permit, and she did not yet have her license, I copied the bill and sent it to him, telling him his half was due ASAP. Of course, I also sent a copy to his mother, from whom all monies flow, because I know he won't pay it, and will probably not even admit he received it. Passive aggressive at its finest...not.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, when you count in break time, vacation time and emotional stress of having to process this claim, I guess you can come up to that amount.

What a world we live in.

Abbey

witzend

Administrative costs is probably sending in all of the paperwork to explain why they need a new sign and ordering it.

Miss KT is irritated that "even after charging that much, I didn't get to keep the sign!"

:rofl: You gotta admit, it's kind of funny!

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, it's a LOT cheaper than a firehydrant. My bro still gritches that he didn't get to keep the one he hit as a teen and had to pay to replace. He argued the bill because it didn't take "depreciation" of the one he hit into account. So they charged him MORE, LOL!!!

My parents fronted the $$ and then made him work his tuckus off to repay it.

Sorry, this kind of thing stinks about having teen drivers. Will her insurance pay any of it, and is it worth it to approach the insurance co?

Hugs to mommy.

nvts

Personally, I'd demand that they give ME the stop sign and I'd hold it up in front of her CONSTANTLY!

"Mom, can I use the car?"

STOP SIGN

"Mom, can I stay at so and so's tonight?"

STOP SIGN

"Mom, I'll do the dishes later"

STOP SIGN

"Mom, can I eat the last ice cream cone?"

STOP SIGN

By the way, you can submit this bill to the insurance company. There's no deductible on the liability coverage on your auto policy, so they'd pay the whole thing.

Beth

KTMom91

Since she only had a permit, and she was backing the truck off of our property, I didn't want to file an insurance claim. We have a $500 deductible anyway. We tried to take the stop sign off the sawhorse they set it on while replacing the signpost, but they'd screwed it down or something, so we couldn't get it. If I'd known it would cost this much, I'd have gone out there with a screwdriver!

The up side of all this is that this will really tick off Useless Boy and his mother, from whom all monies flow. I swear that woman has a seizure anytime she has to write a check with my name on it, even if it is something that benefits her only grandchild.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sometimes, if all you find is glory in ticking off the mother in law's....well, sometimes that's just enough.

Enjoy, grammy.

(I'm bad tonight)

dreamer

Im glad for you it did not happen say this summer. They might have also added on a gas surchage of say $800 more?

Seriously, that hoovers. sorry it cost so much.