A MUST TRY - Sharpie Liquid Graphite Pencils

susiestar

Roll With It
Have any of you tried the new liquid graphite pencils from Sharpie? A 2 pack was $3.84 at Target on Friday and husband and I splurged. They are SOOOOOOO AWESOME!! Not only do they work just like pencils as far as writing, but smoother than reg pencils, they erase almost perfectly. I have yet to find a regular pencil or mechanical pencil that erases this well. They say the graphite is liquid but it doesn't smear like pen ink or marker. The grip is nice, there is no clicking to advance the lead and no breaking of lead and no sharpening or shavings all over. They also feel really nice in my hand.

I must confess that I love office supplies and luckily had the fortune to marry a man who also loves them! These and the Sharpie pens are about all I ever want/need to write with ever.

husband forgot we had them until a bit ago and was thrilled when I showed him an area I colored in dark with the pencil then erased - and there was NO sign of the pencil in the erased area. He cartoons and sketches a lot and these are the best he has found for what he does.

in my opinion they are well worth the price.

H

HaoZi

I saw those and wondered if they were worth the price. Kiddo's school wants this that or the other type of pencil and it doesn't fit in any of their requirements, but she does love to draw. Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to grab her one!
As a side note, if you haven't tried the B2P pens yet, give 'em a go, they're great. The blue seems to flow better than the black, but maybe that's me. The Zebra steel pens are great, too.

susiestar

Roll With It
I just went and did a list of stuff on sale at Walgreens and Staples and there is very little all over the side of my hand. I even took and rubbed my hand hard over the written area and saw NO smudging. I write with fairly heavy pressure and pencils ALWAYS smudge on me. I had pretty much given up on pencils for much of anything and now am back to using them.

For kids in elem school I might hesitate to give them many simply because they lose them. If you do get some for a child to use at school, make a label with the name and put a layer of clear package sealing tape over it. I could see a lot of other kids wanting these.

These would likely make awesome teacher gifts with a small pad of paper or whatever. I am getting some for my mom's birthday.

Had to LOL at husband. Jess was talking about how cool the pencils are and he told her that he didn't think I would let him have his. All the school stuff came to my area to be stored until school and he hadn't come in or said anything to me about them. Tonight I finally asked him if he had forgotten about them. He did some fast sketches and is very very impressed with them.

I think these would make any math class much much easier for kids. They erase easier and more cleanly than regular pencils, the leads don't break or need sharpening, heavy pressure is not needed and the cushioned grip makes them easier to hold - and less painful for kids with fine motor issues and dysgraphia. Something to think about discussing with the school Occupational Therapist (OT), in my opinion.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmm. I tend to like to "smudge" when I draw but these sound interesting. I'll have to see if I can catch them on sale.

TerryJ2

I'm wondering, along with-Lisa, not only can they be smudged, but then can you spray them afterward with-fixative, like regular graphite? I guess I'll have to buy them, too, and experiment.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hadn't really thought about smudging as a desirable thing. I just tried it. You can smudge but you have to want to do it (not just run your hand over the page as you write/draw) and it is not nearly as nice as a regular pencil. If you drew with a sharpie pencil you could go over it lightly with charcoal or a reg pencil in the areas you wanted to smudge, I guess.

H

HaoZi

The drawing pencils I had were softer than a #2 and my drafting pencils were harder. The reviews I'm finding on the Sharpie are all from last year (and not favorable, but it seems to depend on what you're looking for from it). I can't find if it works for scantron or not, most recent I found was that they were going for testing and approval for it.