a pleasant phone call

pigless in VA

Yesterday was Ferb's birthday. I thought about asking him to call me but decided against the intrusion.

This morning I texted him twice. Once to warn him that the news is reporting a possible rally on the order of the Charlottesville rally in his area on Saturday. The second time was to let him know that my mother forgot to send him a card. Her husband (the troll) has been in the hospital.

He then called just to talk to me. He wasn't feeling very well, but otherwise sounded like he is doing okay. I told him that his psychiatrist called me the other night and scared me to death. All he wanted was some information in order to file insurance claims. That is not where my mind went when his name popped up on my phone.

The teacher/girlfriend took him to dinner last night for his birthday. How lovely. (gag, cough, retch)

Ferb says he is enjoying his classes. I think he is proud to be at college. I hope he does the work.

pigless in VA

I think her court date is October 16. I asked if she was intruding on his college life. I feel like it is important for me to let him talk about her as hard as it is for me to stomach.