About you

newstart

Thank you. How wonderful to get a visual of you from your posts. When I read your posts I see the entire writing come to live. Hope we all have a blessed, safe, happy and deep down good year in 2020. We are headed for the roaring 20s again. I remember so many stories my grandmother told me from this time period. My grandmother and I both get to enjoy the '20s.

Copabanana

I form images in my head of what people look like a bit, and I'm sure I'm off base.
What do I look like? What celebrity? Smile.

I have a picture of you, too. But it's hard to put into words. I see middle brown hair, that's kind honey sun-dripped. (What does that mean, sun-dripped?) I see you as beachy and fit. And attractive. I see you as direct and no-nonsense. But quirky and sweet. I think you're a very good friend. And I think you can be funny in a sweet and tender way. I think you're one of those Moms that can be mistaken for their adult daughter's sister.

newstart

I never thought about this until now. The first thing I thought of was the stock market and the economic collapse. I hope not.

Hi Copa, I was thinking more of celebrations, fancy clothes, The Great Gatsby, laughter. My grandmother had a fabulous time in the 20s, life was fun and filled with love and wonder. I am planning on having a fabulous time too. It will be an exciting time.

Copabanana

celebrations, fancy clothes, The Great Gatsby, laughter. My grandmother had a fabulous time in the 20s, life was fun and filled with love and wonder. I am planning on having a fabulous time too.
I think you're fabulous. I will follow your lead.

Last edited:

HMBgal

A related side note...I am not kidding...this really happened...someone stopped me in public the other day. Tapped me on the arm and whispered “You look a lot like Goldie Hawn!” Startled me a little. Lol. This happened to me about a dozen years ago. Not since. So, a total of two times in my life. I thanked her profusely. It was such a surprise and I think a compliment as she was always pleasant looking. I haven’t seen a super recent photo of her...perhaps three years ago or so and she looked ok. I’m stopping myself from looking at a current one just in case she has aged a ton in the last few years. Lololol
Well, I wouldn't mind looking like Goldie. I get told I look like Hayley Mills. And of course, hardly anyone knows who she is anymore.

Lil

...someone stopped me in public the other day. Tapped me on the arm and whispered “You look a lot like Goldie Hawn!”

I'm always getting asked, "Do you work <insert random place>?" or "Are you related to <insert random person>?" or <Is your name <insert random name>?" It's never anyone famous. :p

The answer is always NO. I don't know any of these people. Apparently, I have one of those faces that just looks like someone else or I have a doppelganger. It started when I was a teen and I get asked about once a year when I meet someone new. Go figure.

lovemysons

I am 5 feet 165lbs. Used to be 118lbs before I lost my mind and have to take Abilify for the rest of my life. Yes...my sons and the stress related to them definitely contributed to my psychotic breakdown 12 years ago. So warning...take care of your mental/emotional health no matter what! Me first is not selfish!!!

I have green eyes and blonde hair. My face is pretty but not beautiful like my mother and my daughter. However, I am married to one of the most handsome men on the planet! I mean that. And our love survived all the rough parenting divisions and today it is like reuniting with my best friend!

I wear jeans tee's and jean type jackets always with a heeled bootie on my feet... That is if I'm not in my nightie! lol

I am a home body...you will find me cleaning, talking to my husband or playing with our dogs.

I love my family, a few girlfriends, and my dogs! I believe in God and pray regularly. Oh and I love Christmas time and so does husband...already decorated!

JMom

I am knocking on the big 5-0. I'm 5'2" but stand at 5'1" due to poor posture and my weight is usually 115-120. I've always been told that I look to be in my early 20's (and pretty) until recently. My age is really beginning to show and my face is doing this weird thing (I look like I have smelled something bad when I smile) which makes for gorgeous family photos. I have long, straight blonde hair and hazel eyes. I get it highlighted (in the 80's we referred to it as- "frosted") twice a year because I'm cheap and have some natural highlights. I have freckles that multiply in the sun, I like them.

I'm silly and dance awkwardly a lot in social situations to make people smile and then I bolt! I get two reactions from people, they either think I am the sweetest person eva or that I am mean as a rattlesnake. I prefer to think of myself as am empathetic tiger. I am a police officer so my clothing consists of uniforms, two pair of shoes, two pair of ill fitting jeans and a weird match up of T-shirts and half ass dress clothes. I have to make myself take off my house shoes. I am reminded that they are called house shoes because you wear them IN THE HOUSE.

My husband often tells me I don't match and I say I don't care...LOL. Not that you asked, but he's extremely handsome, like Daaauuum, is he a model? handsome, he smells good and dresses nice. I kind of level up when we are together (you know straighten the hair, stand up a little straighter, wear lip gloss and tie my shoes). I just tried lash extensions and eyebrow tint, for the first time, and it really brought out my eyes.

To put it in a nutshell, I am a hot mess. Can someone in this forum PLEASE be a make-over-e kind of person? This girl needs help. Ya'll don't turn me into the fashion police, I'll end up on Oprah and nobody wants to see that. ;)

beebz

Whoever started this, it is freaking awesome ! It is so nice to see us describe ourselves as the beautiful soulful gals that we are !
I am 5’5” and (do I have to) lol - I don’t lie, but, hmmmm…. 165 lbs. Everyone actually thinks I am l am lying when I tell them my weight as they all guess me at 125. I carry it well; lucky me. I very well could be 140 right now as I don’t have much of an appetite lately. I am overweight according to those societal charts. I am a perfect 12-14. My titties finally grew .. I am 58. If I put my boobies where they belong in a good fitting push up bra, they are a C. If I let them be, they are door knockers next to my belly button. (like newtons cradle) haha…..I use to say, when God was handing out boobies, I turned around to talk to the woman in line behind me and he smacked them right on my arse. I have a flat wide butt and am always in search of a booty enhancing pair of jeans... I have hazel/green eyes, good looking teeth, my smile is my best feature, lil past my shoulders light brown hair, straight but thin and ugly. I haven’t been to the stylist in a while because all my “frosting” was fried off and I lost half my hair. I’ve been touching it up myself lately with basic light brown and waiting for it to heal. I let it hang lately; otherwise I put it up in a messy sexy something or another. I am a Polish Jew a smattering of German and Italian; and I’m not “white” , I’m tannish, caucasian? I really don’t think anyone is “white” or “black” - even the blacks are really all just shades of brown. I use to do my nails but haven’t since I’ve been depressed. I have been told that I have a searing stare at you when you are talking and I am listening. I love make-up ! I love all things girlie. I am a mega tomboy with a mega potty mouth.
I have been told that I am very pretty and I am happy with my reflection, cept for my profile, I see a turkey neck that I was real close to getting fixed once.
I am a comedian.
I have been wearing fitting sweats lately with that really thick waist band that makes you look good and makes me look like I could have a JLo butt, (at least in my world). I change my style regularly. One year I will be glitter from head to toe; another year I will be flannel farm girl; another year I’ll be Tshirt and jeans; another year I’ll be camisole and any kind of bottoms.
Another year I’ll be all sundresses.
I collect shoes. I don’t count them. Often I buy them, wear them once, and put them in the closet.
I am terribly opinionated.
I cherish my friends more than the average person because I know that I am a difficult person and if they continue to love me; then they have a darn good honest heart as they see and know that I NEVER have any ill intensions. I am loyal to a fault. I love to laugh loudly.
I treat my animals like humans .
I love BOXER DOGS !
I love talking parrots.
I taught my parrots dirty words.
I collect jewelry from Brighton.com
I never bought a diamond because they ain’t nuttin but polished dirt. Lets polish this dirt, make it sparkle, call it a diamond and entice fools to spend big money on it. However, I have lots of them because they’ve been given to me by my nanny and poppy. I’d rather have the cash. I use to be a gambler in a bad way. I’m a Jersey girl and always will be but my home is Ohio and retirement is around the corner and I hope to be in the Smokey Mountains, or even in a camper on any river. However, I may squat in a "nook" in NYC one day with my other "wealthy" son and move around like a hobo before settling anywhere at all.
I have a house thats way too big, a huge Colorado/Smokey mountain type house, typical brown cedar and green roof. My parents built a wing onto it so I can be close to them and they me.
I have owl houses on my property (home-made)and have had 3 springs of successful fledglings.They are screech owls. They let me walk up to them and talk to them. The momma is Ruby and the Daddy is Casper.
I feed raccoons dog kibble and at one time I had 16 coons sitting on the porch with me eating kibble. The babies sit on our laps and eat out of a bowl. They go right back to the woods when they are done and NEVER do damage to our home but the woodpeckers have done horrible damage.
If I don’t put the kibble out, the coons knock on the front door or look in the window at me and ask for their dinner.
I also have a salt block and cracked corn out for the deer. I have plenty of those also.
I live in the boonies and collect guns. I’ve only got 4 or 5 or 6 but I’d like more. I shoot in my back yard.
I drive a truck as my daily vehicle. Ford F-150.
I strongly dislike cats but one lives here and I take very good care of her, shots, spay etc, and yep, little stinker sleeps in my bed and sticks her tongue up my nose for some odd reason.
(I am enjoying this as I never talk about myself in this way and I could go on and on and on)
I don’t think anyone appreciates me as much as I’d like them to. I don’t think anyone has a clue how much I hurt. I am the “strong one”, nothing could ever be wrong with Beebz (my real name by the way) amongst others.

When some of you ladies speak of not wanting your identity to get out, I was thinking the same thing., and I thought, if someone here figures out who I am, then reach out fool ! If you are here for the same reason, the let your guard down and ring me up ! If you are here to be nosy as to who I am; then get a life of your own ya dang loser. You’re either with me or without me.
I am addicted to reading.
I realized this is supposed to be a physical description but I’m going on about me me me lol.
I could do this for hours, I really could, what does that make me? It makes me the happy girl I use to be.
I can still cover it up with humor, otherwise I cry. I do not hide from anyone and I am an open book. I cannot tell a lie and if I do its a really really tiny one. I despise liars.
Everyone tells me all the time that I should write a book. My best friend told me if she didn't know me up front and personal that she wouldn't believe half the things I tell her or she has witnessed having happened to me in life. This drug addict/homeless son is one of a dozen hardships that I've been through, and still am going through.

I want to do another Q and A lol
~hugs~

Lil

I have a flat wide butt and am always in search of a booty enhancing pair of jeans...

I’m not “white” , I’m tannish, caucasian? I really don’t think anyone is “white” or “black” - even the blacks are really all just shades of brown.

I love all things girlie. I am a mega tomboy with a mega potty mouth.

I taught my parrots dirty words.

When some of you ladies speak of not wanting your identity to get out, I was thinking the same thing., and I thought, if someone here figures out who I am, then reach out fool ! If you are here for the same reason, the let your guard down and ring me up ! If you are here to be nosy as to who I am; then get a life of your own ya dang loser. You’re either with me or without me.

I do not hide from anyone and I am an open book

I despise liars.

I think you'd be an awesome person to hang out with. :hugs:

AppleCori

I didn’t even know this thread was still going!

I really miss the box they used to have in the top right corner that had the latest replies. It’s just not the same without it!

beebz, you should start another Q&A thread!

We used to do this kind of thing on a daily (or at least weekly) basis, and it was so much fun!

Nandina

I think it would be fun to take one topic at a time maybe for the week, for instance, Music—Books—Food—Vacation Spots—Pets—Jobs— Movies and everyone discuss likes/dislikes. I get to know a person better when knowing these kinds of things. And they can make for some good stories as we have so many great writers on this site!

beebz

Well, I'm never "in the box" - I'm always outside of the package and still like to live dangerously. YOLO (even though I hate that expression) haaa
So, I'll think of something .....

Nandina

Applecori, I still have that box with replies but it’s now at the bottom of my screen. I’m using an Ipad; don’t know if that makes a difference.

Chasejazz

“No story is a straight line... ".
Wow. I'm curious too. I would love to know your languages. I'm fluent in Spanish and Portuguese. And I'm studying Hebrew. Do we have any overlap?
Estudei idiomas na escola e sou de uma família multilíngue... estou mais à vontade falando inglês ou italiano, mas muitas pessoas me consideram português ou espanhol!

Copabanana

Wow Chasejazz!! May I ask your heritage? That is, are your languages derived from family origins?

I am absolutely fascinated by you. May I ask? Have you lived in any of these countries, (Italy, Portugal, Spain or their colonies)?

I learned my languages in middle age by going to live in Guatemala, and Brasil, and a short while in Argentina. Then I began to live with a man who only speaks Spanish. And that knocked the Portuguese out of my brain, at least for now. So. I actually misrepresented my present Portuguese capacity. But I could get it back!! And I will!!

Do your languages overlap those of your family of origin?

I am curious too, if you look Spanish/Portuguese.

In my own case I believed I had no link to either heritage, until I realized that I had partially Sephardic (Spanish) Jewish roots, and what I had done without knowing it, was recreate linguistically this heritage. It was as if my soul needed to speak these languages.

Sorry to pry. I'm fascinated.

Last edited:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I learned Yiddish as a small child and then as I grew up, forgot a lot of it, only to discover that I still understood it, but couldn't speak it very well.

Then, I went to live in Germany, when the Army sent us there, and discovered that learning German was a breeze.

My husband died (he was fluent as his father was from Vienna and insisted he learn both Hochdeutsch and Vienerdeutsch) back in 2002, and I (so I thought), forgot most of my German as I had no one to speak it with.

But...my mother has a foreign film addiction. The other night we were watching a German film subtitled in English. Mom turned off the sound and I realized I suddenly couldn't follow the film by the subtitles, as I had actually been happily listening to the film in German without realizing it, and the subtitles were sort of a vague synopsis of what was being said in German, as opposed to a word for word translation of the dialogue in the film. So, I asked my mother to turn the sound back on. She said, "Can you actually understand that? And I said, "Much to my surprise, yes!" Oddly, If I THINK about what is being said in German, I can only understand about half. I have to just go with the flow in under to understand with any fluency. Add in that my Yiddish is coming back spending so much time with my mother, and it's been interesting to say the least. So...my languages are some Yiddish, being able to understand a good bit of German, and fake it in speech, being able to read a good bit of Spanish, and understand quite a bit, and having a real knack with word roots that lets me read most Germanic languages to a healthy degree, and serious exposure and couple of years in school, which lets me manage spanish, though can't speak it.

Copabanana

my mother has a foreign film addiction. The other night we were watching a German film
Dear Going North

It's always a good thing when I see your posts which now seem too few and too far between. Did I miss something? Is your Mom now living with you? As I remember you lived in different cities? I hope all is well. Take care. How are the cats? Is one Thomas? How is he? How are you? How is your Mom?

Copabanana

I roast my own beans in a popcorn popper pan
Dear HMBgal

I loved reading about you and your life, especially the coffee roasting, which I had never heard about as a diy endeavor at least for right now, right here.

Since reading your post I have been reading of nothing else. I think I'll get an air popper at Walmart. There is an inexpensive brand that seems suitable. I want to do expresso roast or French roast. May I ask you what kinds of beans you get and where? And why did you decide on the old-fashioned popping pan versus an air popper? I read it creates a lot of smoke? True/False?

I just love, love, love this idea.

I would love a good expresso machine too. But so, so expensive, no?

Thank you again. The picture you drew of yourself and life inspires and touches me. PS I have a NOOK too.