Absolutely Crazy Week!!! (And it's almost all beause of Duckie!)

tiredmommy

Yesterday was nuts: Duckie was chosen to participate in her school's Young Author's Conference and asked me to be a parent volunteer. So I brought her to school, had the set-up meeting and got our group of kids with my co-volunteer. The first session with an author was fabulous: this author writes children's historical fiction and she was very engaging and knew how to keep the kids interested and enthusiastic. Then we broke back into our small group for the kids to read their stories, they all did a great job. Then, we had another session with a second author. This session did not go well. The author was very rude and demeaning toward the kids. He embarrassed Duckie by making her move when another child was laughing (Duckie was not). He talked while eating crackers(!!!). He told the kids they were lazy and were going to end up working at McDonald's. He told them their ideas they were coming up with for the session were illogical. It was an utter mess. He was truly The Children's Author from the Black Lagoon. The only positive (in my book) is that Duckie didn't kick up a fuss, though she was upset and didn't participate after being made to move. This takes us up to noon. I then met my church deacon at sister-in-law's so that mother-in-law could receive communion. Then, Duckie had swim after school followed by dance from 7:30-8:30PM. In a really hot studio, I mean, it had to feel like 100F in there. This was my Monday.

Tuesday: Duckie was miserable this morning (probably from being slightly dehydrated and getting to bed late). I worked this morning and we know how pleasant that is. Not. I am making Swedish meatballs & gravy (ok, they're store bought) with egg noodles and tossed salad for dinner at mother-in-laws tonight.

Wednesday: I work. :rolleyes: Then I pick up Duckie at work, whisk her home and get her in the shower and make dinner so she can be back at school by 6:15PM for her orchestra concert.

Thursday: I'm off, cleaning, washing Duckie's concert clothes and running errands. I will pick up Duckie at dismissal so she shower and I can make dinner to have her back at school for her chorus concert.

Friday: More cleaning and light grocery shopping. Pick up Duckie at dismissal for her tap and jazz classes. Make sure she is packed as she's going overnight to her friend's cottage on Lake Erie.

I'm exhausted already.

T

TeDo

Wow, with all that going on, I'd drop cleaning off the list completely. It doesn't sound like you'll be home much to see the dustbunnies anyway. Whew!! You've got ME tired now.

You'll be free once she goes to her friends cottage! The weekend will be all about you...three more days!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hon, I'm exhausted and I just read it. LOL

Wow. I bet you'll be thrilled once Duckie can drive. That is one heckova schedule!

UAN is right, at least you'll have some Duckie down time this weekend. :)

InsaneCdn

If it's that crazy, maybe... it's time for a housecleaner to come in and catch you up. You have enough on your plate... and while I'm no fan of weekly cleaning services, I have no issue (assuming you can afford it) with an extra set of hands when life hands you insanity.

donna723

TM, is there any way to persuade Duckie to maybe give up one or two of her activities? I know she thrives on it but it sounds like she's caught up in a constant whirl of activities and it's running you ragged! Does she ever have time to just vegetate and watch the clouds drift by or just do nothing for a while?

tiredmommy

Donna, Duckie is driven. It's part of her personality and comes from inside her. She would be miserable if she didn't stay busy and involved. This week is just exceptionally crazy since she has end of the year music programs at school and dance is in its final few weeks. On the plus side, she really does understand why it's important to work ahead on school work. She has a science scrapbook due Thursday, a social studies project due Friday, two essays due Fri and a third due on Fri 6/1. They are all done and the last essay is being turned in today. That makes life a lot easier.

busywend

You can do it, TM!!! It is exhausting....but you will miss it one day :sigh:. Believe me...I did for a long time.