After three years, Bart's court case about to end

BusynMember

And it's good news, largely due to his amazing lawyer.

Physical address will go to Bart because thankfully J. Will not have to switch schools. That is why Bart went to court in the first place but then his ex sued for legal and physical custody and the Judge appointed a Parental Coordinator, which is a guardian with the power to make legal decisions, to figure out if any of the parents was a problem and to help mediate.

In the end, they just had their last joint phone call with her and she told them they were good parents and that she is not recommending any custody changes.

So the court case is scheduled for June and should be change in physical custody and that's all. Judge already said he is tired of seeing them in court so maybe ex will accept that. Although Bart went to court this time it was only for school...he is not interested in custody chsnges. It is ex that wants all the custody.

Little J. Is now ten and a champ. In spite of him being too smart and figuring out that his parents don't like each other, he behaves well and is a straight A student. Grammy, as I am called, could not be prouder.

I feel like a three year weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Phew!!!

New Leaf

Whew, finally. I am so happy for you Swot and Bart and your grandson. All too often I come across kids caught in the crossfire and they learn how to play both parents. It seems your grandson has a good head on his shoulders. What a blessing! I hope his mother will look after his best interests and stop the court game. In the end, it is the children that suffer most.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

Lil

Fantastic! These cases are SO difficult for everyone involved. I'm glad that it's moving to a conclusion finally. The older your gs gets, the more he'll have a say in what goes on and who he stays with too. Fingers crossed the order is as suggested by the parent coordinator. (Still haven't ever heard of that - I wonder if it's like a guardian ad litem? Is she a lawyer?) Anyway, it would be unusual for the judge to go against that recommendation.

BusynMember

Lil you have been nothing but kind during this and I want you to know how much I appreciate it.

As far as uderstanding a parental Coordinator, and ours was a lawyer and once a judge, it is like a GAL with the power to make.legal decisions that stick. As I understand it, they are appointed when the two parents keep ending back in court and do not seem to be communicating. The Judge is leaning on her observations for his final ruling and she pretty much told both parents that she is not recommending any custody changes and that grandson will be continuing at his current school...giving my son residential custody. This made ex burst into tears but that is another story.

To the best of my ability, that is what I know of a parental Coordinator.