*American Idol- 1st elimination*

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Okay, so what did you think?

I thought the band stunk. It certainly didn't help anyone.

I liked Alexis (blonde/pink hair) and Danny Gokey (last guy/widower). I was so disappointed in Michael (roughneck) and Anoop.

I give Tatiana credit- she has a beautiful voice, even if she is a nut case. I wonder if she will get through? Do you think her Mom is a member here? :D

Suz

Lothlorien

I don't recall seeing any members from Puerto Rico. She did sing really well, but unfortunately for her, she's been such a nut case that everyone remembers that and won't vote. Although....Votefortheworst.com is probably setting up her for their votes. (I haven't checked).

I still liked Anoop and I didn't understand why the judges were giving him such a hard time.

I was absolutely shocked at the Braddy kid. WOWEE! I thought he was amazing.

Danny was awesome.

Alexis was good, but I liked some of her past performances better. I thought the song was too big for her.

I was disappointed with the oil rigger. I thought the guy who sang Hick Town made a poor choice in songs. I basically ended up forwarding through the rest of the people, because after hearing the first little bit, I was bored. Oh, and Casey Carlson....I think the judges (except Simon) were too kind. I thought the whole song was just horrible.

SRL

I just read elsewhere that we didn't see the whole picture. Anoop had to restart 4-5 times because the band kept messing up, which would rattle about anyone. And whoever was running the sound needs to get a new job.

I think idol is setting up VotefortheWorst by selecting Tatianta, Nathaniel and Nick/Norman. And I like Danny well enough but they look like they were setting him up for a coronation.

Lothlorien

The band kept messing up??? That is just horrid. There were quite a few mistakes with the sound and film crew last night.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm relieved to hear the band really was messing up (and it substantiates the second sentence of my intro post)- for awhile there I thought my tv sound was going bad!

Suz

DammitJanet

I also thought something was wrong with ME last night...lol.

I loved the Braddy guy. (Go NC!) Thought my beloved oil rigger guy sang the wrong song and wondered what went wrong with Anoop. Good to know the band was having a bad night and not just the contestants.

I did get highly ticked off at Simon when that guy sang a country song and the judges said something about Bucky Covington and Simon said "what Has Bucky done lately?" real snotty like. Hate to tell him but Bucky is doing just fine out there on the country charts!

Ephchap

Add me to the list that is hoping Tatiana is gone. She's just way too out there for me. lol.

I do love Danny and thought Alexis did amazing last night.

I do agree, Janet, that Braddy guy had an amazing night but I think Simon might be right that he doesn't have the "it" factor to keep him going through. Even more so (which I think is highly unfair), they featured some, but not all, and he was one not featured. We all saw/heard about Danny, Tatiana, Alexis, Anoop and many of the others and people start to make a connection with them. Leaving out some of the contestants does seem unfair and gives them an unfair hurdle. I think Braddy might fall victim to that.

I also was disappointed in the oil rig guy. I really liked him and think he has a nice sounding voice, but that song last night just didn't do anything for him.

Deb

DammitJanet

I wish we, the voters, could send in songs we think would be good for them to sing...lol.

This is what I would have had the oil rigger sing:

I`m a hard workin` man
I wear a steel hard hat
I can ride, rope, hammer and paint
Do things with my hands that most men can`t
I can`t get ahead no matter how hard I try
I`m gettin` really good at barely gettin` by
Got everything I own
By the sweat of my brow
From my four-wheel drive to my cowboy boots
I owe it all to my blue collar roots
I feel like I`m workin` overtime on a runaway train
I`ve got to bust loose from this ball and chain
Chorus:
I`m a hard, hard workin man
I got it all on the line
For a peace of the promised land
I`m burnin` my candle at both ends
`Bout the only way to keep the fire goin`
Is to outrun the wind
Come Friday night
I like to party hard
I carry on with the Cadillac cuties
Spend my whole week`s pay on some weekend beauty
Come Monday mornin` I`m the first to arrive
I ain`t nothin` but business from nine till five
(Repeat chorus)
I can`t wait to get up in the mornin`
And do it all over again
Well I`m a hard livin`, hard workin` man

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Another one that loves Alexis and Danny. Sadly disappointed with oil rig guy. I thought the Braddy guy was good, but Danny was better. Tatiana MUST go!!!

My early favs are Alexis and Danny.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I just wanted to post a reminder that we don't discuss RESULTS until the day after the results show so we don't spoil the surprise for anyone in a different time zone.

:angel:

Suz

DammitJanet

I would have done a cartwheel if I could have managed it when Tatiana got booted. She just made me want to gag. Everyone else was at least acting pleasant and there she was crying her eyes out like a spoiled brat. What a difficult child. Like any music studio would take a chance on her after that scene.

SRL

I'm relieved to hear the band really was messing up (and it substantiates the second sentence of my intro post)- for awhile there I thought my tv sound was going bad!

Suz

I was curious so I found the recording of Anoop's idol performance online. He kept right on tempo but shortly into it the band started dragging then rushed to catch up. Then at one point the background singers were having harmony woes. Compared to the studio version which had none of those issues and no sound problems it was night and day.

I'm not saying he picked the best song for that night, but he hung it together better than most would have under those circumstances. I hate this new elimination system already. I think he'll get a wildcard, especially if his itunes single sells well.

I think someone must have slipped Tatiana some Prozac. ;)

I don't know about the rest of you but I've heard/seen enough about Danny's deceased wife. I thought the photo flash was pretty tacky.

Lothlorien

I think you might be right about Tatiana and Prozac. I was really annoyed the cameras kept going to her while Danny was singing. Sheesh, he couldn't even have his moment without her spoiling it.

I seriously hope they pick Anoop for the wildcard. If they don't, I'm going to be soooo mad.