American Idol....I'm Impressed!

DDD

What an outstanding group this season? A couple of them are so talented it's hard to believe they are for real. Are you all impressed? DDD

Tiapet

Old Hand
I am but I also know that a couple of them, like normal, whether they win or not will have contracts anyway.

Lothlorien

I have been. However, I am not singing Joshua's accolades like the judges. I'm not a big fan. His voice is grating to me. I also don't care for Philip either. I liked Colton much better. I really like the girls a lot. I'm not sure why Elise (and Philip) sang those songs that no one knows last night and I think that's going to put them both in the bottom. I really love Elise's voice. She's really going to go far, I think.

Nancy

I'm very impressed too. Elise is very talented but I'm just not digging her voice. I think Philip is very talented also but again I'm not a big fan.

They are all very good this year.

Nancy

I am also very impressed. Haven't seen last nights show yet - it's on the PVR.

Was sad to see Colton leave last week - I really liked his voice and his performance as well.

I get a huge kick out of Phillip. Elise is super talented but there is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure what it is - although I really loved that Led Zeppelin song she did a couple of weeks ago. That was fantastic!

DammitJanet

Anyone wanna guess who I am voting for? LOL

I cannot stand Joshua and have no clue why the judges go gaga over him constantly. He does that wawa thing and Im like...really? Enough already!

Elise lives down in Charleston but went to Coastal Carolina University which is in Myrtle Beach so every time Idol is on, we get the Vote for Elise on all the Fox stations...lol. I dont think she has that much of a fan base otherwise. I think she is good but she has a very small niche...she is Stevie Nicks all over again...lol. And well...I think Stevie Nicks said so as well.

I was so sad to see Colton go. I could see Colton and Skylar in the final. That was actually my pick from the beginning. Now I am figuring its gonna come down to either Skylar and Jessica or Skylar and Joshua.

Of them all I think Skylar has by far the best singing and stage presence. I am so ticked that the judges have done standing ovations for all of the others but never for her. Oh they say how wonderful she is and how she is The Skylar Laine Show and SHE WANTS IT DAWG but never a standing o. They have stood up and practically wept for Joshua 12 times. And then they grabbed the microphone and saved Jessica like she was Christ Almighty.

buddy

I like them too this year. i think Joshua is good, but maybe he is more impressive in person??? I do really like the girls a lot though, they are excellent. I'm in the wish Colton would have stayed camp too .

DammitJanet

I have decided that I am borrowing Bucks phone starting next week and having the auto texter put on it. I dont mind paying for it. He has ATT. That is the only text votes that Idol will accept which really chaps me off.

DDD

I think Skylar is likely to win. Have to say, lol, that I bet she has been a handful to raise. Maybe not a difficult child but surely a determined child. DDD

Tiapet

Old Hand
The back story on Sklar proves she was a handful if you watched. She said she was a "headbanger" (literally) since very young and always hyper. I think she is at the top for winning to, though she isn't as versatile. I think of her as a country Kelly Clarkson. My young difficult child is in lurv with her LOL! (yes meant to spell it that way).

I think Elise might get picked up by someone like Daughtry did. Phil is also good but unless the voting public keeps him in, he's going to be another one that gets a private contract in my humble opinion. Joshua, well he's good but something tells me he's not going to make it to the end and Jessica's days are unfortunately numbered I believe.

My toss up was between skylar, elise and philip. I just don't like that skylar is so much country and wish she could branch off but I know that she is country through and through.

A side note on her, on twitter her "posse" are "skoutlaws" and she's always talking or rather tag lines she uses is "guns and ammo". Comes from her style of life, the country 4 wheeling, shooting and such. My concern is that she has a lot of young fans following her. If you paid attention to her the other night she actually began the show with gun (sparkly) earrings too. She changed the earrings through the show. I'm concerned that this is not a good image for young kids. What do ya'll think? "guns and ammo"?

Kathy813

Staff member
I was surprised to see Skylar in the bottom three. In fact, I lost a point in the teacher competition at my school because I didn't think she would be down there.

This is a very hard season to predict. I'm in the lead again this year but not by much. Anyone have any inside information for me?? LOL

~Kathy

DDD

The contestants are so young this year that I think Elise was eliminated because she's from a different generation. It is a genuine contest this season. Personally the guys do not impress me as much as the girls. DDD

DammitJanet

The vote is middle aged women who watch with their teen daugthers, teen girls, and country fans. That is just the facts. Women and teen girls will vote with there eyes. The country contingent will vote for anyone who sings country. And believe me...there are more of us country folks out there than just us southern folks out there! I am sure as the day is long that she grew up riding 4 wheelers and hunting because she lived in a small town in Mississippi with brothers. She could probably shoot before she was off of training wheels. I see Skylar as a cross between Kelly Clarkson and Reba McCyntire. I would almost swear Reba gave birth to Skylar with Kelly's daddy...lol. I want to hear Skylar sing Fancy in the worst way.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I bet at some point she may, although it does seem they are "trying" to get her to cross to get more of an audience. Maybe I'm wrong.