***American Idol***

<span style="color: #993399"> </span>OK Family,

I am REALLY counting on some good reports from y'all as I missed AI last night. We got 10 inches of snow from yesterday afternoon till now and our satelite went out. husband tried cleaning the snow off the dish to no avail!

So, I need details!!! Help me, I am have withdrawls!!

:smile:
Hugs, Vickie <span style='font-family: Arial'> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh dear, Vickie!!!

I'm not good with details but I can tell you that I thought all of the guys did better than last week, other than Sanjaya Malakar. I think he's definitely gotta go but I don't know who the second guy will be.

I really enjoyed the fellas last night.

Suz

Thanks Suz!

Wow, sounds like we missed a few good performances. I KNEW Chris Sligh would be good, think he could sing Row row row your boat and I'd be cheering. LOVE Blake aka cutie patootie, sorry I missed his beat box! UGH!

Hopefully we will have our satelite defrosted by tonight or I will be really ticked off!

Thanks again, that was a super link!

Hugs,
Vickie

DammitJanet

I thought the guys did much much better this week.

Yeah Sanjaya wasnt good but according to dialidol he isnt going anywhere.

My two favorites again this week were Chris Sligh and Chris Richardson. At least I am consistent...lol. I must have a thing for the name Chris.

I was terribly shocked with the dialidol website last nite because I was watching it as I was calling in and I was calling for both Sligh and Richardson. Sundance was on top and stayed there. Supposedly he is getting all the votes off votefortheworst.com so he is safe. He was actually good last nite. But Sligh was in second while I was calling in with Richardson in third. Sligh was actually in Blue which means he was not predicted to be voted off. Well...by the time I went and watched law and order at 10 and came back after voting for a solid hour and a half while watching...Sanjaya had moved into second place, Sligh was in third, and richardson had moved down to 8th! According to this, the two going are Pedro and Brandon rodgers.

I simply cannot believe the change in an hour!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
It seems the voting has little to do with actual talent and more to do with stirring a fan base to vote for you....but I guess in the end there can be only one. It really doesn't matter when you go I guess, ask Ms. Hudson....

Ephchap

I like Blake the best. I also like both Chris Richardson and the other Chris Sligh, or whatever it is.

AOL's poll showed the top 6 being Blake on top, then either Chris Richardson or Chris Sligh, and then the others in it were Sundance, the bald guy that sang first (can't think of his name) and then the African American ex backup singer.

I would definitely agree that those are the top 6. If the vote for the worst listened to the show, they'd be supporting Sunjia. He looked and sounded pitiful. He's in waaaaay over his head. He looked and sounded more feminine than Paula. lol. Sorry, I just can't believe anyone would vote for him to stay.

I hope the girls bring it again tonight!

Deb

BusynMember

And now for the ladies. I vote for Melinda. That lady is the best of all of them, in my opinion. She already performs like a pro.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I'm with you MidwestMom, not much of a contest....

She is 29 I think, which means she has a good ten years experience over some of the others. It is so obvious that she can belt out a song without getting "pitchy"......

Hope the vote reflects the talent....

DammitJanet

Melinda is a pro. She has sang backup for years for some major bands. My picks for the woman this year are in order: Lakesha, Melinda, Gina, Jordan and the last girl...cant remember her name. I say she looks like a combo of Barbara Streisand and Cher...lol.

Lothlorien

Janet, I think Sabrina looks like Gloria Estefan a bit.

My picks are Melinda, Lakisha, Jordin and Sabrina.

Melinda just blew me away, last night.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think Sabrina looks like Gloria Estefan a bit.

YES! I couldn't put my finger on who it was, but Gloria E is EXACTLY who I was thinking Sabrina resembled. Thanks, Loth.

Seems the front runners of the girls are pretty obvious (to me, anyway). I agree that they are Lakesha, Melinda, Jordin, Gina, and Sabrina...oh, and Stephanie, the gal with the very short hair. I thought she was a powerhouse.

Don't forget that we have to be quiet after tonight's show until tomorrow so we don't give away anything to the later viewers. SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh.

Suz

DammitJanet

Ok OK...its thursday!

I didnt say what I thought of the ladies abilities last nite! My preferences have stayed the same from last week till this week.

Now that you say Gloria E, yep...that is who she looks like. I will have to point it out to husband because we are fighting over her...lol.

My favorite is still my gal Lakesha. I loved her outfit last nite so Simon can go jump in a lake! He may know music but I dont know that he is all that up on fashion...lol. (Well neither am I but I think last nights outfit was better than the week befores!)

OMG...I just checked out dialidol.com. votefortheworst.com is going to ruin this show! When I was cut off from calling last nite Melinda and Lakesha were one and two. They had Gina listed up somewhere around 4. Antonella was like 5th. I think it was Haley and Leslie that were in the bottom two. Now it shows Gina and Stephanie as the two going home! Gina and Steph...two of the better ones while they keep the worse ones.

No...something isnt right.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I agree, Janet. Honestly, I am so disgusted with this voting stuff. We go through this every season and they haven't done a darn thing about it. I'm trying not to hyperventilate here and remind myself that usually these early eliminations don't really matter because they wouldn't have won anyway.....but stillllllll......

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suz

DammitJanet

I wish AI would put something in place like they do for the other reality shows like Dancing with the Stars, Grease, or any of the other myriad of shows you can vote on. No more than 10 votes from one computer or phone number. Ok...maybe some folks have access to several phones or computers but really...it cant skew it as much as this is doing.

I have two cell numbers I could use and possibly, depending on if they did it by email address, then I could maybe do 3 email addresses. If I really wanted to get hyper about it I suppose I could sign up for a bunch of fake email addys just to send votes but good lord! Even that way I could block vote the way those mass dialers do.

I am really really going to get upset over this and it may be the end of my watching the show. I honestly am a bit upset that they dont have a single country person on there this time. Im assuming it is because they had Carrie the year before and Kelly last year. It appears they stacked the deck this time for a certain type of music.

I thought the girls blew the guys out of the water last night. I ma so impressed with the talent on there. My picks are like most everyone elses: Lakisha (sp?), Melinda, Jordin and Sabrina. I loved everyones song choices and outfits. All were gorgeous and poised and up to taking Simon's "fashion" advice! LOL!! Says the man who only wears black T's!!! Gag me!!

If those people messing with the voting ruin it for the girls/guys that really deserve to make it, I will have to do something! This is ridiculous! Come on already, get a life! Vote for your favorites and leave it be. It can work if those idiots would back off.

Anyways, really enjoyed last nights show and can't wait till tonight!

Hugs,
Vickie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Last night was the first time I've watched Idol this season. I have to say that a few of the women (don't know their names) were absolutely stellar. The one who sang the jazz song blew me away. What a voice!!

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

I was out last night so I taped the show and fast forwarded when I got home.

So, what did you think?

I am amazed that the one kid stayed and AJ got the boot. I guess this is where stuffing the phone lines causes trouble. I expected Antonelli or whatever her name is to be the girl out along with Alaina, but don't think that Leslie stood a chance anyway.

As long as the good ones stay, that's my only concern and so far they have.

Suz

DammitJanet

Well I was happy that the good ones stayed for the women but sad that AJ got the boot. Not terribly surprised though. Sanjaya looked absolutely shocked didnt he? He knew he should have gone.

I almost feel sorry for the boy because it has to be embarrassing to be kept on when you know you arent as good.

I liked Kellie Picklers song last night. I was flabbergasted at Ryans question! How dare he ask that suggestive question of her...lol. I know some of you still think her country bumpkin bit is a put on but that is the way so many people are here.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've seen Kellie a couple of times as a guest host on The View and no longer think she's faking.

It was pretty obvious what Ryan (or whoever it was who was trying to get her to admit to a very obvious boob job) was getting at and I'm really glad that Kellie either didn't get it or chose to ignore it. She has only said good things about AI everywhere she goes. I was very annoyed on her behalf that someone would want to embarrass her.

I sure don't like her hair or the dress she had on, tho. It's like she is trying to emulate Dolly Parton or something.

Suz