And the mania persists........

Steely

OK, seriously!!!! I am DONE! :shocked:
My son is still cycling, like a freaking tornado, and I am about to lose it!
:devil:
Today, he screeched at me in Wal-Mart,
"get outta my face!"
Seriously
I was SO mad, I just turned on my heels and walked out the door and went home. He had no idea what had hit him. Apparently he continued shopping and picking out items that he wanted, until it suddenly dawned on him I HAD LEFT!
:hammer:
So he walks home (it was only 2 miles) and is sitting on the couch watching TV when I arrive. He still did not know why I left???
Uhhhhh??????
When I told him that I will not be talked to that way, and that is why I left, he replied,
"so you ditched me?"
OK, really - this is a smart kid - at least papers tell me so. So why cannot he not see how horrible he is being????

Now he has cycled to being weepy, and sad, and saying weird things. His thinking is so skued, and irrational - sigh. I just don't know what to do. He has been on AP medications for years, and they just don't do any good anymore - but he needs a better PRN than Klonipin I think. I don't know.

I just know I am really, really tired of all of this. I am ready to put him up in his own apartment - I really am! Can I do that legally? Just let him live there, and I will live here? I know I could do group homes, RTCs, etc., but those are just not options at this point.

OK, now I am rambling - and he is in his room doing his "manic projects", which never conclude well.......because he can't think them through.
Thanks for listening. :soapbox:

Sara PA

Consider slowly backing off the Paxil until he's stable again. Then, if you felt he was better on it, add it back in. People with mania shouldn't take ADs.

hopeful

My heart felt wish for you: You are doing a great job. Sometimes, I just get so sick of being bullied, cut down, complained to and generally taken for granted that I forget this. I don't know your life but I know that for me... I love my kids. I work hard, try hard and go the extra mile. Sometimes its just dam hard to hear the words, even if you know they don't reaaaaallly mean them.

So, I call the people in my life who will remind me that I am doing a good job. People who like me, people who make me feel loved. So, I call my mums alot! lol

So just because I think you need it- You are doing a great job!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ugh, I know what you're going thru. I've got one too.

Is it possible the paxil is making him worse? I know it did for a friend of mine who is bipolar. It had her cycling off the charts. Not a fun time for her family at all.

Nichole sees her psychiatrist tomorrow. I'm going to ask about titering her down on the ADs. She hasn't been depressed in more than a yr and I think they're making her manic.

I know I'm more than ready for Nichole to move out. lol

Oh, and for the record, she does the "I don't get it" thing too. Doesn't work, but she tries.

I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

((hugs))

witzend

Consider slowly backing off the Paxil until he's stable again. Then, if you felt he was better on it, add it back in. People with mania shouldn't take ADs.

I hope that you will consult with the prescribing physician before you proceed with this advice.

LittleDudesMom

WW,

I think it's time for you to do something for you. Any way you can take a weekend off to pamper yourself. And I'm not talking the spa treatement, I'm just talking about sleeping in and not having to cook, clean, or worry about anyone but yourself for a couple days.

It's not something that will help him in the long run, but it will definately help you in the short run!

Hugs,
Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
WW,
Ditto on what LDM said-you deserve and need some serious down time. Gentle hugs-by the way-if you send difficult child to live in his own apt can he watch my difficult child so he can live there too?

F

flutterbee

If we pool our resources, we can send all our difficult child's to go live together!

((((hugs))))

Take care of you.

WeepingWillow,

I understand how you feel. I feel the exact same way. I'm constantly thinking about the future and difficult child 1 moving out of my house!!! difficult child 1 in certain ways, sounds alot like your difficult child. difficult child 1 truly doesn't understand the impact all of his negative behavior has on the family. difficult child 1 truly believes he is always right and the world should revolve around him. :grrr: :soapbox:

I wish I had some good advice for you. About the only thing I can think of has already been said by others. Try to find some time for yourself!!! Believe me, I know this is easier said than done when you're dealing with an unstable difficult child!!!

Also, maybe you should speak to difficult child's psychiatrist about adjusting his medications. Hopefully, his psychiatrist can help!!!:doctor:

Please know that I'm thinking of you and hoping today will be a better day for you... :flower: :bath: :smile: WFEN

Heather,
Great idea!!! I'm definitely in on this one!!! Where are we going to find a large enough place to put all of our difficult children? :rofl:

Who cares!!! Let them live crammed together like sardines in a can!!! WFEN

TerryJ2

Oh dear. So sorry.
I agree ... try to find some time for yourself.

Have you made a dr appointment. to tweak his medications? You said his medications aren't working so a consultation and change is in order. Does he go to counseling sessions? Sorry if you've answered this already ... I'm trying to keep track.

Take care.

You all understand, that if we do this, Tink will be in charge.

Now, now, I know that all of you think that your difficult child thinks they run the show.

Believe you me. Tink would have Wynter answering phones, Weeping Willow, Mrscatinthehat & alongfortheride's older boys out chopping wood, mowing the lawn, hunting, fishing, tending the garden, WFEN's 2 kids would be the cook and the housekeeper, and she'd have Nichole trained to be her nanny while she played with Aubrey all day.

And somehow she'd figure out a way to get paid for it.

Steely

:checkwriter:
Boy, I would gladly give Tink every penny I have if she could pull that off! She would be defying the odds of basic gravity! :shocked:

SIGH.............how I wish I could put we them somewhere!!!
Perhaps on a boat off the coast of WhoKnowsWhere without a rudder???
:thanksgivingday:

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, If Tink can do this who needs Residential Treatment Center (RTC)???? So awesome, it might be useful to train this girl to take the difficult children . If she grows up thinking it is her job, then in a year Occupational Therapist (OT) 2 we CAN send all the kids to BBK's and have a vacation for US!!

GOOOO TINK!

Steely

Thanks guys for all the warm hugs and well wishes.

Me time, is so hard right now. Mostly because it can only happen if difficult child's Dad takes him for the weekend. The end result of a weekend with Dad, is a week, with me picking up all the pieces.
"Oh your jonesing for a cigarette because your dad let you smoke? Sorry!"
"Oh, you missed your medications all weekend - I guess that is why your manic?"
"You drank 4 liters of coke? Well that does not help!"
"Oh, your dad calls people that, lovely - as you know we live over here in the real world where we try and live civil lives and try to, get this, not get the stuffing beat out of us!"
(And you, bio-dad would be a red neck! ding, ding, ding)
And the list just goes on and on.............
So my time alone, is always, always a double edged sword.

As far as medications...............ugh. That is all I have to say. We have been doing this medication thing for 11 years, and I am over it. I know Paxil could be making the mania worse, but with-out an AD his anxiety is so high he is ready to chew his arm off. I mean, it is really bad.

FWIW, I really think part of his mania is the seasons. Every fall, and every spring he cycles. It is like clockwork. Literally - "oh, time to set the clocks back? Oh, time to get some extra PRNs from ol psychiatrist." I also think it is the stress of some new expectations I am placing on him, and probably a zillion other things, who knows.

Anyhoo.........thanks again for listening, and more importantly caring. You guys are wonderful.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry this is STILL going on...

as for Tink running the show.... K would be down with that... she would be the cleaner... with moments here and there of rebellion!!! Moslty she would be cleaning up her own mess from from her own freak outs, but she would help out with others also...She is kind of into the submissive/domination thing oh and tying people up!!!

She would be into it as long as she could bring all 111 of her fairies... and her spiders.

WW- I am with you right now... only my little maniac is 6...

Big hugs...