*And the Oscar goes to...*

Lothlorien

thought we were going to see a wardrobe malfunction with both Goldie Hawn and Sara Jessica Parker. I like both these ladies very much but felt their dress was just not becoming (actually Sara's dress was beautiful but I kept expecting her to pop out of the top).

I didn't see Goldie's dress, but I definitely thought the same about Sara. My husband kept saying he didn't think they were that big before, did she have implants? I told him no, but must have had some extra-strength push up pads underneath. I thought if she just raised her arm a little, we would see nips for sure.

What was up with the constant flashing over to Angelina while Jennifer Aniston was presenting? A bit tacky on the producers' part, no?

One thing that I am really happy about is the fact that the trend of dresses has gone back to the glamour rather than the shock of who can dress the trashiest and get away with it.

'Chelle

I loved the show this year. Hugh Jackman did a fantastic job. Haven't seen most of the movies, because about the only ones I get to see are kids movies (like during the "Top Hat" number I said to easy child - hey isn't that Troy & Gabriella from High School Musical LOL) until they come out on video.

bran - Heath Ledger died Jan/08 and was included in the memorial at the last Oscars. I think they do the memorial from one Oscar show to the next, not by year.

Marguerite

Aah, that would explain Heath Ledger's absence from the memorial. I knew there would be a good reason.

A quick word on Hugh Jackman - he's known here in Australia as a song and dance man, a stage performer. I remember how fabulous he was in a stage production here of "Oklahoma" as Curly. Then he did "Boy From Oz", a stage musical about the life of Peter Allen. All this was before X-Men and his role as Wolverine, which is where a lot of people first heard of him.

He spends a lot of time in Australia, about half his time here, half in the US. His wife is Debora-Lee Furness, she's older and a very accomplished actress. She's not been seen quite so much since she & Hugh adopted their kids, but she has been in a couple of films here recently ("Jindabyne" was really good, also starred Laura Linney).

I didn't notice the camera-work between Angelina Jolie & Jennifer Aniston; if it was happening, I agree it was VERY bad taste. From my understanding Jennifer Aniston has had a series of romantic involvements (including engagements) as well as her marriage to Brad Pitt. She has had several since Brad and she split up. I remember reading the gossip mags (hard to avoid when you visit doctors as often as I do!) and that marriage was rocky before "Mr & Mrs Smith" was being filmed.

Hollywood has had stories like this before - Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor, for example (and the tug of love with Eddie Fisher). It would be interesting to look back and see - did the cameras spend the next few years flashing between Debbie & Liz at the Oscars? I don't recall it.

I don't think that Jennifer Aniston is sitting at home pining. She's had a few relationships since. She has moved on. I think the media should do the same.

Marg