Any computer savvy family on line now? Help, please.

DDD

I'm only going to be at work for twenty or so minutes but if anyone is on now who could answer a question for me, I'd really appreciate it. As I posted before we've been with-o a home computer for over four weeks. I was given a Dell that is operational. My tech guy gave me a bunch of discs with all our old information...our computer couldn't be fixed.

They are numbered so I assume I start with #1. I "think" that when I put the first disc in the computer is going to say something like "unidentified" and then "maybe" ask me if I want to store it and where???
I haven't got a clue what to stipulate. I'm assuming it was all on the C drive ?? before. The new computer has greater capacity than the old one. Can I put in all on the new C ?? I also "think" it is going to show me what is contained on the disc. Yikes...am I up to this?? Doubt it. DDD

H

HaoZi

C is the common drive, yes. I'd save it there, you can always move it later if you need to.

DammitJanet

I always just answer "yes" and yes...lol when the computer asks me something because I am assuming it knows more than I do. Might not always be the right answer...but most times is. I can normally find my stuff.

DDD

Thanks, guys. I'll try and if that doesn't work I'll keep going "yes". Actually, lol, saying yes is not my normal mode of operation. I'm more of a "why?" or WTH type. If I sign on from home I'll let you know. DDD