Any good recipes for my new bread making machine??

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I just baked my first loaf of bread in my bread baking machine. I know there are purists out there who do it all by hand and I respect that immensely. However, with a shortage of time, a teenager, working, geez, I don't have the time, so....................if you have any gluten free or whole grain, or any ole recipe that you really like, I would love to hear from you. This thing also makes pizza dough and jam! Be still my heart! :full:

InsaneCdn

What brand and size of machine?
What is your altitude (feet above sea level)?
Is your area prone to extreme highs/lows of barometric pressure?

Making bread by hand, we adjust for these things.
Making it by machine... you have to know how to adjust the recipe to work for machine and conditions...

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thanks IC, it's an Oster 2 pound Breadmaker. We're at 84 feet and not prone to highs or lows.

I just made an easy white bread to start out, it's almost gone, we were such pigs about it. So, I made a honey grain wheat which is programmed to be ready when we wake up. I could be gaining some serious weight here. I've never made my own bread before, I have read that you do, so any tips or recipes you can offer would be great. Of course, I know you do it by hand, and when I retire, I plan on doing that too............but until then..............