Any interest in that St. Louis meet up?

BusynMember

I put it up once and got huge interest. The second time I put it up there was little interest.

Now somebody asked asked me if there will be a meet up. That us up to you guys.

I am thinking St. Louis area first weekend of August. I will see if there is again a desire here.

Interested? Post here. You pick your accommodations and I will find a nice restaurant where we can all meet on, say, Saturday night.

Last time I am going to post it as I got mixed signals. No offense either way.

Thanks for reading this.

Interested members post only please :)

BusynMember

Last time I posted about it, nobody seemed interested. If it's a go, I say St. Louis first weekend of August! That should be before school starts again! Who is in?

Lil

We don't seem to be getting many posts here. Thought maybe I'd bump it up...

Jabber and I do plan to come! Even if all we do is have dinner with some of you. But, of course, it's a couple hours in a car for us...so...

AppleCori

The initial reaction probably was enthusiastic because it was so far from doing it lol.

Just for the record—

While I posted on the “meet-up” threads, I never said anything about going, for just this reason. Easy to say a year out, but I knew that summer was a long way off and I didn’t know what was going to be happening by that time. I do get to MO from time to time, but I didn’t know if my schedule would work with everyone else’s.
And as luck would have it, we are probably going to be moving hubby’s almost 90yo parents nearer to us, so all our summer plans are cancelled as of now, anyway.

Have fun! Would love to hear about it!

BusynMember

And, Apple I totally get it and am not the least upset. It happpens or it doesn't or maybe a few of us will meet, maybe somewhere closer to Jabber and Lil if they still want to go. I am up for anything.

Blackgnat wants to meet us. Her dear son passed away last year. I would like even a small group to meet her and hug her and give her our love. I think she is from Chicago which is also in the general area we talked about. I still feel the shock, horror and sadness of hearing about her son and I want to do this for her. If it doesn't work out for a group, maybe Jabber, Lil and I can meet her in MO and perhaps that will be enough. I don't want to let her down and am going to PM her soon to see what weekend is best for her if there is just a few of us. And it's ok if there are. We live busy lives and I get it. Trust me, with our moving and Jumper moving at the same time, we are super busy too and it will be hard to make it.

Let's see what happens.

Lil

Maybe we can move it to your area. May be closer to us.

Kansas City is a very nice city, which would be closer I think to both you and @blackgnat (She's Vegas or West Coast, right?) and I'd love to meet you either place. We're smack in the middle, so halfway to either really, but of course you have Bart and Jr. if you go to St. Louis. We actually DO have a small airport United flies into in Columbia, which is 1/2 hour away, but there's very little to do really. It's cheaper than the big cities, no doubt, but no museums or whatever to speak of.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'd like to meet you folks, but I only travel minimally in the summer, especially to hot places.

Having been to Stl Louis in the summer when i was much younger and not being able to handle the heat and humidity then...well...my heat intolerance has gotten a lot worse since.

I'm going to have to take a pass. Have fun, folks--take lots of pictures!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I woulbsonoove to come but we are moving at the months end in July. Son is now on 36 hours for leave and next will be 48 and then 72. Then he will be finished his 6 month rehab. I need to stay put and be here for him. Will miss meeting all of you!