Anyone else home on NYE?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
This area was sort of a slim strip between an area that was gentrifying, and a long standing Vietnamese neighborhood known as "Little Saigon, the youth of which could also be quite rough. Both of those neighborhoods bordered on a neighborhood known as "Uptown" which at that time was the sort of neighborhood that SWOT describes. Uptown has since also become gentrified to a large degree. Needless to say, I'm not unfamiliar with gunfire in the streets, nor was husband who spent his childhood in Detroit.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
On NYE we went to an early dinner with my husband's sister and her hubby. I do like his sister a lot, however....

She has been on a roll talking about my husband's ex wife. Every time we see her she brings up his ex wife lately. Her and husband and sometimes other sister go to a restaurant where they live where she is a waitress and she gives them a free dessert or a free appetizer and they give her a bit tip!

She is thin, she is so happy, her nails are nice, blah blah blah. My husband was only married to her a year and they do have a grown son together. He dislikes his ex immensely and he ignores what sister says and I have tried to but it's annoying. Why are we talking about how great his ex is? We have been together over 25 years!

I had to laugh though because my stepson told my husband his mom says that husband's sisters always come in, sit at the bar and get drunk! I told my husband he needed to tell his sister that since she always gloats about how wonderful she is!! Well he did and she was steaming!! I had to laugh under my breath. I don't think she'll be going to that restaurant anymore! Karma's a :censored2:!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
On NYE we went to an early dinner with my husband's sister and her hubby. I do like his sister a lot, however....

She has been on a roll talking about my husband's ex wife. Every time we see her she brings up his ex wife lately. Her and husband and sometimes other sister go to a restaurant where they live where she is a waitress and she gives them a free dessert or a free appetizer and they give her a bit tip!

She is thin, she is so happy, her nails are nice, blah blah blah. My husband was only married to her a year and they do have a grown son together. He dislikes his ex immensely and he ignores what sister says and I have tried to but it's annoying. Why are we talking about how great his ex is? We have been together over 25 years!

I had to laugh though because my stepson told my husband his mom says that husband's sisters always come in, sit at the bar and get drunk! I told my husband he needed to tell his sister that since she always gloats about how wonderful she is!! Well he did and she was steaming!! I had to laugh under my breath. I don't think she'll be going to that restaurant anymore! Karma's a :censored2:!
Ok laugh out loud funny. HNY to you lol.