Back from "Vacation"

cocomad

Went down to see the family of origin! Hard to keep my sanity ( now that I'm home totally lost it!) because of dealing with addicts. Alcoholism is the perceived evil as several members were destroyed and are in facilities because of this disease. I was told by others that weed was not a problem...it's hard to listen to addicts who defend their drugs! My nephew said that he has to smoke to live his life! I have compassion for all people but really hate drugs and how it robs people of their lives. I guess I am just tired of all the misery that accompanies drugs and its effects on me! Most of my large extended family members are addicts......my son is an addict too. I really hoped and tried to escape the disease that keeps giving......
I'm back and have to get into recovery myself. Ive joined zoom Nara-Anon , checking out the steps for years now...yes I know my life is unmanageable!
The first step is giving up......it kinda goes against my nature. Then I get depressed.....any way...thanks for listening

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
That is very sad but so glad you are getting some help for yourself.

We can only help ourselves.

cocomad

Today is a much better day.... focus is on me and also did my workout!
Really have to work MY program ...also been keeping nar-anon on the front burner...

BusynMember1

Hey there. I'm on a Zoom group on Thursday evenings. It's great to be able to do NarAnon from your home.

If you don't have SESH yet for Nar Anon (the book) I highly recommend it. I take it everywhere with me like a Bible of how to live my life. I have learned how to live without my daughter being okay. She is in her 30s already and doesn't mind being homeless at all so there is no way to even do tough love. She doesn't care enough about us, her own comfort or anything to do what we ask of her. We tried. We tried it all.

Nar Anon is probably not for everyone but for those who really love the program, it helps us a lot. I can't get enough of being told to give it to God. I am much calmer in all my affairs now.

Blessings. Keep trying. Never give up on YOU.

cocomad

Thanks for your responses. I have been going to Nar Anon since Sept. It has been a commitment to myself and sanity. I have yet to get a sponsor or get going on the steps! Baby steps....
I have learned how to live without my daughter being okay. She is in her 30s already and doesn't mind being homeless at all so there is no way to even do tough love. She doesn't care enough about us, her own comfort or anything to do what we ask of her. We tried. We tried it all.
Sounds so similar.
Trying to take it day by day. I also listen to Al-anon meetings a lot on the phone bridge.