Bio-Feedback

Jerri

I have been getting hyper/explosive/restless kids a bio-feedback program in their IEP.

The system works with a harness ( heart rate monitor ) and a wrist watch with a flashing alarm.

When the alarm go's off the child does his breathing to bring down his heart rate, and slow him down.

This requires a shared committment between home and school, and must be introduced in a very positive way.

Just want to keep folks aware of their options as far as non pharmacological interventions go.

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

* tip it works really nice when the childs teacher keeps insisiting that your child needs drugs to come to school...the SD pays for the system.

------------------
5 kids, no medications,2.5 difficult children,Founder PRIE: Parents Rights In Education, volunteer parent advocate. 1 difficult child in prison.

I had heard about that before!!! My brother uses it for pain management.??

He told me it wouldnt really be good on the younger kids, that if she was older it would be a good option???????

------------------
Nancy
ODD/BIPOLAR/ADD Girl 6yrs
treatment. Pfeiffer vitamin therapy &
Currently on NO medications!!!! YHIPPIE
Fav. Funny quote-"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably
still be a dog. <Sigh!> There's so little hope for advancement."
- Snoopy
>>

That is an option I would love to try! I think difficult child would be very receptive to it too. How do you go about getting that written into the IEP? Do you need a doctors recommendation/referral for it?

------------------
difficult child-Cameron, 10, ADHD/Visual processing deficit,
depression, suspected ODD. Dexedrine, Clonidine & Imipramine.
easy child- Clayton, 13, and husband/Dad- Cliff

It's pretty interesting stuff.

------------------
Nancy
ODD/BIPOLAR/ADD Girl 6yrs
treatment. Pfeiffer vitamin therapy &
Currently on NO medications!!!! YHIPPIE
Fav. Funny quote-"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably
still be a dog. <Sigh!> There's so little hope for advancement."
- Snoopy
>>