"Bloody Knuckles"

klmno

difficult child's wrote in this weeek's letter that he's "having" to play bloody knuckles with guys in Department of Juvenile Justice to prove he's strong so they- mostly gang memebers- will get off his back. What is this exactly?

trinityroyal

If your difficult child is talking about the same type of Bloody Knuckles that I remember from childhood...

t's a challenge where you put your hand down flat on a surface such as a counter or table. Then someone hits you across the knuckles with something both hard and sharp, such as the edge of a deck of cards.

It hurts like H-E-double-hockey-sticks, but if you can sit through a round or two without flinching, wincing or worse, crying, then the mean ones tend to leave you alone.

Sorry your difficult child's having to endure this. Sending hugs to both of you.

eekysign

Yeah, we used to play that in elementary school, with a deck of cards. Odd that 14 y/os would be playing it. Maybe they mean something different?

DammitJanet

I asked Jamie this and from what I got it is slightly different.

You hold your fist out about six inches from the wall and punch the wall. whoever ends up doing it the longest wins.

klmno

Geeeeezzzzzz.....I hate to say this, but I hope he does this enough to break him from punching walls when he gets out.

Jena

ok you are a funny person, and it's that sense of humor that gets you through alot of the time!! :)

I hope so too by the way, i know how apprehensive you are, i dont' blame you.