Boston made an arrest

Nancy

No arrest yet, suspect seen on video placing bomb. Looks like some news agencies jumped the gun.

Last edited:

witzend

I think that it's good at this point to think back to the Olympic Park bombings and Richard Jewell, who had his life ruined by the media after some loudmouthed official said that they were looking at him as a suspect. Everyone remembers Richard Jewell, his life will never be the same. But the nut who actually did it? Eating 3 squares a day and no one remembers his name, last I heard. He was a stone cold terrorist who'd killed before and after, too. He just wasn't as exciting as saying some poor security guard without much in the way of social skills did it.

Keep calm, and carry on...

DammitJanet

Thats true Haozi. I do hope they keep the pictures and such out of the news from Boston until they get the right people because to do otherwise will compromise everything. We dont want the wrong people accused but we want the right people in custody. Lets keep things steady enough so the police can do it right.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I think they're keeping the pictures out of the news for fear of vigilante justice. Most major cases where they have someone ID'd you see photos everywhere and them asking to call if you see them. If this isn't the guy and someone kills him thinking he is? Oh man.

svengandhi

Eric Rudolph, anti-choicer and murderer, was the Olympic bomber. A survivalist, he lived for several years in the woods before being captured.

witzend

Exactly, but that's not what everyone remembers. They pounded Richard Jewell in the papers and on tv for months. That's what people remember.

Although I have to say, these videos they're showing today look authentic, and I'd be surprised if we didn't have an arrest soon.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Stories are vague, as another says the suspect died because he had explosives attached to his chest. There's also a mention in a CNN story that police had some guy stripped down and arrested, but who? If after the first guy, I can understand why they stripped him down.