**BUSTED""" DF.....mwahahhahaha.

Star*

call 911........call 911
"Honey? I'm goign to go outside - I think I heard a noise?"
....."Um...the dogs didn't bark."
"Yeah well just the same."
....."Okay dear, whutttever."

And so it has been going on since just after New Years. YOu could say REVERSE resolution. Because the other night..DF came at sat by me, and the evidence smelled, or rather reaked so badly on his hands....and WHERE IS that other can of Febreze I bought at Christmas? I said nothing. I just threw a pillow over his hand, to which he said "Problem?" and I said "Nope."

Then yesterday I was in the back bedroom and he came in the door other end of the house and BLAMO....I could smell cigarette smoke on him. It was cold out, and that smell on cold clothes is undeniable. I said NOTHING. I got dressed, got my stuff together for job hunting....headed out the door.....then turned and sat on the couch with him -leaned my head against his Ginger/something Febrezed clothes and snuggled a bit - to which he remarked it was nice; to which I remarked "How much longer to you intend on pretending you aren't smoking?" His friend just stared off in space like two little kids. So I smiled and he said "I told so no so - you knew." I said "I've known for a while - but now is not the time to take up a bad habit - when I've lost a job!" It all adds up - He's out of money quicker, he smells funny, he's deaf - the dogs hear nothing but HE does?" LORD.

So I left the house - and drove around the block and pulled back in the drive and BLAMO! CAUGHT him red handed - smoking AGAIN. BEcause his earlier statement was - "OH I only smoke one NOW and then." ------and your definition of NOW and then would be?????? Every 20 minutes? UGH.

He's quit for over two years. AND he stinks. I couldn't quite put a finger on it with the Febreze spray - but he didn't spray his hand and then I knew. BWHHAHAHAHA.

At least he didn't say "I'm under a lot of stress" this time or the time before that "Well we all can'tbe YOU Star and put them down and never smoke again " I stopped, nailed my late pack to the wall and that was 12 years ago. Nope, not like he did last time. I think I would have come unhinged.

I think he needs another Chantix prescription. This would be his sixth try - so it's bound to happen. Later than sooner.

T

TeDo

I don't know about you but I LOVE busting people that try to hide things from me. It is soooo rewarding to show them that I AM smarter than they are or think I am or both. Pat yourself on the back Starbie!!!

I know how hard it is to quit. My mom and brother in law both were able to quit cold turkey. I wasn't able to do that. It was a LOT harder for me so I kind of get where he's coming from. It took me MANY tries too and I didn't even start until I was 26 (doN'T ask me why cause I don't have a clue). Good for you for not ever going back. THAT'S something to be proud of!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good for you Starbie! I hate it when people hide stuff from me. Just be honest, that's all I ask...

As for quitting... Yes, it's hard. No matter how I tried - patch, gum, lozenge, Chantix, Wellbutrin... I couldn't do it.

And then? I got this lil biitty bean transferred from a test tube in - and - done. Not a one since the night before. Both times. Last time, of course, I started again 6 weeks later. But this time? 1.5 packs a day to NADA.

husband is having more trouble...

buddy

I am so sensitive to the smell of smoke, parents walk into the therapy clinic with their kids and the whole waiting room stinks to me. I just hate it (extra sensitive since I grew up with it and always had to suffer with it). How can anyone think you would not notice, LOL. I hope he stops. It is such a hard thing to do. When my dad decided to quit, that was it, he was done...did a hypnosis thing and never looked back... my mom has quit a zillion times...has been in the hospital and forced to quit and still goes back every time. Such a bummer.
Good for you for quitting and sticking with it. I can't imagine how hard it must be once hooked. I hope he can quit.

H

HaoZi

I don't know how (or if he really) thought he was hiding it, but I hope he's able to quit again. It's a real *itch to quit, I'm still trying myself. Best of luck to him.

Star*

call 911........call 911
He admitted that he wasn't trying to hide anything from me - because.....(ready for this) I have a hyper-sensitive nose. I would (and yes he said this in front of his buddy...."BEAT" a bloodhound. :itwashim3:

Now off to find the OTHER decaying mouse......Haven't sat in the man cave for about two weeks due to the "smell" which HE swore up and down was the trash can. UMmmmmmmm no - that is dead, decomp. MOUSE. NO IT IS NOT. Then last night? I finally pointed to the box under the desk and said "LOOK THERE." and left the room. He did - and removed the decrepit rodent while near gagging. This is a hunter ------even they have their limits. He sprayed Lysol - (not Febreze - because THAT would give up the hidey hole of smoking) and I have informed him there is ANOTHER.....he doesn't doubt me but can't find it and I'm not available - I'm booked up. Going to the airport today to sniff out coffee laced cocaine packets for the DEA. (Yeah now whose smelling what there buddy boy?) woooof.

shellyd67

I quit 9 months ago but only because a Doctor scared the bejesus out of me ! I was able to put them down and never pick one back up.

At this point I truly believe I will never smoke again ( I hope not anyhow)

Even when I was a smoker I was replused by the smell and now it makes me want to puke.

I hope he is able to quit for good this time !!! It is no joke ...

I have a sniffer like a bloodhound too. I can smell things a mile away ...

Both my brother in law's smoke at work and they plain out stink !:cigarsmoker:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm thinking there WERE advantages to not saying anything - because......NOW he doesn't FEBREZE himself and he REAKS........OMG. Should have kept my big nose shut.

DammitJanet

quitting the first time is easier that quitting if you start back. I quick back in 1990 and didnt smoke for 6 years. Why I allowed myself to pick them back up, I will never know. I have tried at least 10 times in the last 5 years to try to quit again and I simply cant do it. The first time I simply threw my cigarettes and ashtrays out the car window and forbid anyone in my house who smoked. That doesnt work now. Also nothing that supposedly helps me quit is working.

The last time a Dr told me that cigarettes were going to kill me I just turned on him and snarled and told him "No joke! Why on earth do you think I am smoking this many idiot! I cant think of any other way to legally commit suicide."

shellyd67

OMG Janet he probably wanted to run out of the room !! LMAO:faint:

I was always able to quit when I was pregnant but a month or so after each baby was born I told myself it was OK now to start back.

husband and I never smoked in our house or in the car (even when the kids weren't with us) so we laugh now when it is cold, windy and rainy and count our lucky stars we are not out in the bad weather puffing.

I do admit when it is nice out and we are sitting on our deck I miss it SO DANG MUCH !!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Legal suicide? THanks for those words.......I needed that. Now I can justify NOT paying the Down Payment on the new knee. Why bother getting a new knee and eye if you're just gonna croak anyway?

DammitJanet

Well, Its true. I have this saying I tell people when they get on me about it. I turn on them and look them dead in the eye and say "saliva taken in minute amounts over a long period of time has been shown to cause death in human beings." Then I turn away.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
in my opinion it's extremely annoying to have people badger you to quit smoking, regardless of their intentions. It had the opposite effect on me. And the whole "it's bad for your health" thing only makes it worse. I knew it was bad for me when I picked up the first one at 12 yrs old, so why would that make a difference now?? I have little desire to live into extended old age. Take that back, I have NO desire to live into extended old age. (unless I can be that 90 yr old dancer)

My main reason for quitting is that it's so expensive that it nearly makes me faint every time I buy the darn things, and I'm buying the cheapest ones available. It's my one real vice, for pete's sake. I'm not a sweets eater, actually I'm not much of a eater at all. I'm not a drinker. I don't go out and shop till I drop..... And it's a nervous habit, which in my opinion makes it even harder to quit. I also enjoy it, which is not going to make it any easier either.

I'm pretty well under a pack a day. Best I've done in many many many years. (never went over a pack and a half a day though)

husband could quit fairly easily. You just couldn't stand to live with the man. Think dry drunk. And I waited 9 months and it never went away.....it didn't even lessen. At that point I handed him a pack and told him to either start up again or we were divorcing.

So far I've yet to be able to manage quitting cold turkey, no matter how determined I am. I'll be breaking down and getting the script for chantix soon. If I'm going to shell out large sums of cash, I'd rather it be with an end in sight (as in quitting) than to just keep shelling out large sums of cash that continually increases. ugh

Star*

call 911........call 911
zhe said he started back because of the stress........

I just got up, and said "Oh....do you suggest I do for all the stress I put up with every day.?"

Food for thought......he hasn't smoked all day.

DDD

Truthfully I think it just like substance abuse...the abuser is the only one who can decide to quit and the chances of success are greatest when the accept ownership. been there done that. DDD

P

PatriotsGirl

There is nothing that makes me more ill than the smell of cigarette smoke. I know smokers have absolutely no idea how bad they smell. I sure didn't when I smoked. And I thought I could cover it with perfume - HA. Perfume makes it worse!!

If my husband ever picked up that nasty habit again, he would get NO love from me. I couldn't get within ten feet of him and he knows it. I have had cancer twice - brought on by smoking. You couldn't pay me a million bucks to ever smoke again and it is why I am not really good friends with smokers. It is not worth my health. I don't even want it in my breathable area...