Cat claws

Nomad

Staff member
still discussing getting another pet. Still not getting very far yet.

Has anyone done or heard much about those cat claw covers ? I don’t know what they are called exactly. But, it seems to be almost a rubber protective cover for the cat claws. Prevents furniture from getting ruined.
Humane.

Do these work? Do you do it yourself?

KTMom91

I've seen them, but haven't tried them. I think they eventually grow out, and you have to put them on again. It would take an army to hold down one of the panther boys to try it, and I'd like to keep my skin on my hands and arms.

Tired out

My cats have their claws. 2 of them sit on my lap and I trim and file their claws. when they were kittens we sprayed them with water anytime they attempted to claw anything besides the cat post. The newest one is a bugger. if a door is shut and she wants in she will attempt to claw the carpet- I put double sided tape on a remnant of carpet in those spots--she hates the tape so that is deterring her.
I have seen those covers, I think it is easier to teach them not to claw --gt a spray bottle with a load sprayer. For my cat it is more about that sound than the water.