Checking in from Mexico

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hi All;

Chilling by the pool this afternoon. We have had a wonderful time so far. Fabulous resort, we have been to Tulum and been Scuba Diving with Bull Sharks and Cave Diving. We are off to Chichenitza tomorrow. Husband is a real big fan of astronomy and is in awe of the Mayan architecture, Math and love of the stars. We have two more Diving days booked, not so strenuous as the last 2 dives. Relaxing reef dives. I am getting too old for this rugged adventuring lol.

Son has been texting every day loving and missing us.
Has completed his rehab intake. Followed up with his lawyer. Is scared to go to long term rehab, realizes he needs it.
The intake coordinator and his lawyer are staying firm on a min of 6 months as are we. Baby steps baby steps.

His school was locked down as there was a gun violence threat. It all ended without incident.

I think he has talked more to us since we left than he has in the past 6 months.

Asked how life at Cop Moms was. I got an “It’s ok”. Man I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Time for a cocktail and dinner!

Hugs to all of you.

New Leaf

I think he has talked more to us since we left than he has in the past 6 months.
Wow, what an interesting turn of events. Maybe it is that you have shifted focus to your happiness and that makes him shift his? Who knows, but whatever it is, hope your son keeps making strides.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Life is short!
Have a wonderful time!
(((HUGS)))
Leafy

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Nice to hear a good report. Glad he's realizing he needs help.

I love Tulum. Have you snorkeled in a Cenote? Enjoy your trip.
:beach:

BusynMember

I am so happy you are having fun and happy son is reaching out! Perhaps he is seeing that cop mom and kid ain't all that, which is awesome. Also, great that he got ready for rehab!

Now enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Littleboylost

Nice to hear a good report. Glad he's realizing he needs help.

I love Tulum. Have you snorkeled in a Cenote? Enjoy your trip.
:beach:
Tanya we went to Dos Ojos 2 days ago and we scuba Dived 2 of the underwater caves. It was so beautiful and spooky st the same time. I told my hubs it was like diving in the upside down (Stranger Things).
Yesterday we swam in a fresh water Cenote cold water but so refreshing after a tour of Chichenitza. Husband loves archeology and astronomy so the Mayans ruins are a passion of his. We went to Tulum as well. Busy trip but refreshing to the soul. On the beach at the moment after diving this morning. We saw a spotted Eagle Ray and so much wonderful life.

Littleboylost

I am so happy you are having fun and happy son is reaching out! Perhaps he is seeing that cop mom and kid ain't all that, which is awesome. Also, great that he got ready for rehab!

Now enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!
Thanks SWOT. And yes let’s hope he doesn’t bail this time. However if he does he will be going to jail.

Littleboylost

Wow, what an interesting turn of events. Maybe it is that you have shifted focus to your happiness and that makes him shift his? Who knows, but whatever it is, hope your son keeps making strides.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Life is short!
Have a wonderful time!
(((HUGS)))
Leafy
Thanks Leafy the Ocean is a magical Place it is my other world. We have done 5 dives and have 2 more before we go.

I was very worried about my back and the dive masters and boat skips have all been so lovely and helpful. I almost bailed on this mornings dive as the water was so rough. The dive master would have none of that. So off I went in the crazy white cap swells. Once we got out over the break the water was more rolling and less rough. I did the dive and survived intact!

Life is short and we must do as much as we can to find joy!