Circle of Support, Thoughts of Strength and Comfort for Child of Mine

Scent of Cedar *

Thoughts of comfort, strength, and support for Child of Mine as she responds to her son, tonight and through the early morning hours. There was a time one of us (Suz, I think it was) would do her naked chicken liver dance for good juju. Others of us would rattle beads, cross our figurative fingers ~ whatever it took. We were never sure just what all that would look like? But it helped lighten the fear of whatever was coming for one of us.

Holding you and your son in my thoughts and in my prayers tonight, Child of Mine.

Cedar

SeekingStrength

Same here, Child of Mine. I have been thinking about you and will ramp it up today. I will pray.

Tight, tight hug. You WILL get on the other side of this, standing!

Echolette

Child of Mine, we are thinking of you today and through the night. Whatever happens you have thought it through and are prepared, and it will come and then go, and you will be OK on the other side.

Our wagon circle is close around you.

Echo

Childofmine

one day at a time
Thank you all so much. I want you to know that the sun is shining, I am feeling good, and I have also decided to take some good advice posted here by several and not be here tonight. My son and his fiancee are staying at his dad's house. So no one will be here.

I will put all of the provisions on the front porch with a note.

I feel good right now about what I am doing. I'm sure the curve balls will start coming soon, but JUST FOR RIGHT NOW---this very moment, I am good.

My older son's birthday is today--he is 28. I am making a big birthday dinner for him for tomorrow night. Baking the cake today.

My SO has already given me a dozen roses this morning. I have enjoyed yoga this morning, and my Friday donut holes.

Life is good right now. I am living each minute and staying present in the NOW.

Life is just too short and I am working hard to be grateful and.....let go. I'll keep you posted, however, as my realism tells me not to get too fat and sassy. :)

Happy Valentine's Day! There is love all around from people who care.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm here too COM, we'll all be holding you in our thoughts for today and tomorrow and the days to come...............we're here for you.............hugs and prayers for you.............

BusynMember

Happy Valentine's Day and lighting some candles for good luck!!! Glad to hear your day started out good, and I really LIKE your plan. There is no need to overly engage a difficult child when he is angry.

Hugs!!!! :)

lovemysons

Only have a minute but wanted you to know I am also holding you close in thought and prayer.

hugs and love,
LMS
ps...Happy Valentines Day! :)

helpangel

Someone needs to contact the news and get them to divert traffic away from Janet's house - can picture the pile up of cars and people insisting they just couldn't look away... though they probably wouldn't get the tickets as the cops would be too busy rolling & laughing

Janet if your ever coming to Michigan PM me I want to party with you! and thanks for the laugh, I needed that

Nancy ROFLMAO

trinityroyal

Child of Mine, I'm late to this, but I'm adding in my support and love.

Ah, the nekkid chicken liver dance -- that is a Starbie special -- here I am dancing away in the Great White North with Janet. My neighbours already know I'm crazy, so no one is even looking askance. And afterward, we'll all have a nice helping of Butter Cricket Soup (thanks Nvts for the recipe).

Hugs everyone. We're starting a long weekend in my neck of the woods, celebrating Family Day. So, to my CD family, much love on this weekend.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Your prayers must be working! I am headed out to happy hour with my SO and friends to celebrate Val Day. All is well in my heart today.

Thanks for your care, straight talk, kindness and support.

Keep it coming! :boxing:

Childofmine

one day at a time
All quiet on the southern front. I haven't gone home yet but I had no calls and slept pretty well.

I count that as a huge success!

And I am good this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using ConductDisorders

Scent of Cedar *

Checking to see how you are, COM. Holding so many good thoughts for you, and for your son.

I forgot to ask. Has the backpack been taken? Maybe he made other plans, altogether.

Cedar

SeekingStrength

Hi COM,

Glad things are good right now. One bit of advice I got on this board was to focus on my kids that DO treat me right. The birthday celebration sounds perfect for that.

Hang tough. You are a good mom.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Good friends, just checking in to say I've had a good day today. My son evidently did come here last night. The provisions (clothes, blanket, money, etc.) I had left on the front porch last night were partially gone and an unknown coat was left in its place.

I have not seen or heard from him all day today.

I am good with that. I have had a good day, and we have been getting ready for my older son's birthday dinner. He wanted "Christmas dinner" all over again. He is a vegan but liked a lot all of the dishes that went with it, make-ahead mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, corn, rolls, veg. gravy, etc. We are doing a turkey for the meat-eaters!

Also I made a three-layer birthday cake from scratch yesterday and we will have that with ice cream later.

He and his fiancee are here with SO and myself. We are going to have a nice dinner.

I hope my difficult child doesn't try to come tonight in the middle of the night or any other time. I really would like to talk by phone with him before he just shows up at the door.

But as we all know, I don't get to choose what he decides to do.

If he does come here I have a plan of what I will do. I am finding more and more that having a plan, writing the plan down, sharing it with friends (you all) and my SO and others, goes a long way to creating new behaviors.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.