Cooling towels...anyone try them?

BusynMember

I just ordered a 4 pack. Anyone ever use them? I get hot in the sun, even in the 80s, and need more than just a funky sun hat, especially for when we start going to the desert (minimal shade). I also saw a review where a dog wore a cooling towel and the customer loved it for the dog! We have the dog issue too.

Besides carrying a water bottle and maybe using a cooling towel, any other hints to stay cool while outside? Thanks, if any feedback.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
They are great when it is hot. I bought one for my girlfriend who lives in California and she loves hers as well for hot flashes.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I saw them advertised somewhere else a while back. I sure wished I'd had one while I was down in KY touring "horsey places". It was in the 90's and I was dying of the heat. I ran around looking like a drunken legionnaire with a wet cloth (that I kept re-wetting) under a baseball cap, and still nearly keeled over a few times. I would assume that Amazon has the largest selection and possibly the best prices, but check nearby sporting goods stores to get an idea of what styles suit you, etc.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I just ordered a 4 pack. Anyone ever use them? I get hot in the sun, even in the 80s, and need more than just a funky sun hat, especially for when we start going to the desert (minimal shade). I also saw a review where a dog wore a cooling towel and the customer loved it for the dog! We have the dog issue too.

Besides carrying a water bottle and maybe using a cooling towel, any other hints to stay cool while outside? Thanks, if any feedback.

You can also get cooling mats and beds for dogs (and cats), though cats are desert animals, and so long as short-haired and not suffering from health conditions (or having pushed in faces) can tolerate heat pretty well. Toy dogs, and those who have short faces, really don't tolerate heat at all well, so the idea of cooling mats might really be something you want to consider.