Could this FINALLY be the magic cocktail?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 2 is getting his work done today! And he wrote ALL of his assignments down in his planner! And it's LEGIBLE!

We added a sliver (5mg) of the Daytrana patch this morning after I complained to the psychiatrist that he was still unfocused, disorganized and generally struggling to get his work done.

Oh gosh... that would be SO AWESOME if he's finally turning things around! :D

crazymama30

Was this your kiddo you just started on trileptal or tegratol? I hope it continues to work. I really hate homework battles.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We trialed Tegretol briefly, but it ended up weakening the Seroquel too much (has a history of doing that in some people) so psychiatrist had us stop it and go back to Depakote, which seems to be working well so far. I'm thinking now he's finally stable enough on the MS and AP that we can safely add a tiny bit of stimulant to address the focus and attention problems. Last time we tried it (when he was only on Seroquel) it made his head "buzz" and he started acting hypomanic again. Today he is just doing really well and I'm hoping that this is IT.

BestICan

This community rocks.
Honestly, I'm afraid to say it out loud myself, but starting my difficult child on stims was a little bit like magic. His grades shot up almost immediately. He's still himself, he's still a difficult child, but there was a marked improvement in so many things. Homework battles are gone completely. It's been a couple of months now and it's still very good.

I hope, hope, HOPE you're experience something that turns out to be long-term!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well this is something to celebrate!

I would LOVE to find a magic cocktail. - I would love to find a magic unicorn too - but maybe that would make them take away my magic cocktail. I'll ask for a donkey instead -

I'm really happy for your son - As the mother of a child who is on his 66th medication at age 18 - and it's not working rockets or fireworks - but maybe helping with being sooo moodly - I'm all for finding what works.

(and a unicorn)

HUGS
HUGE
HUGS

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Day 2 on the little sliver of a patch (he might be getting 5mg or so) and he is still doing really well! He's not hyper. He's calm. He's not provoking anyone tonight. He cooked some eggs and cleaned up after himself (mostly). He made popcorn for his brother.

Who IS this kid?

Wow. If this continues, it's going to change a lot of things for him. I'm hesitant to celebrate just yet... it's only two days. But DANG. This could be HUGE.