Court was today

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by Helpless29, May 2, 2019.

1. Helpless29

Helpless29 Member

Today my son had court. Me and his dad both went, when we were just getting there , lawyer texts his dad & said he has a family emergency & can’t make it , says he called court house & it’s rescheduled for May 22nd,so dad says judge was not going to see my son since it was rescheduled, so we left. Come to find out , my son did go in to court room , caseworker & PO wrote letters about how well my son is doing & told judge my son made it to level 4 , which is the highest level there for good behavior. Judge was going to release him but we were not there , which hurt my son tremendously. All of this miscommunication between dad & lawyer , I just hope they were not playing me to keep my son locked up longer . Anyway dad has agreed to let my son live with his grandparents & they went over expectations & rules . Next court date May 22nd . I don’t know if today dad lied or If dad & lawyer are being sneaky to keep him locked up longer ,but if they are it’s just hurting my son more. I’m thinking he will be released May 22nd unless , lawyer comes up with something else .Am I thinking unrational? Overthinking the situation today?

2. BusynMember

BusynMember Active Member

Why do you think there is some plot? Why would anyone care if your son was locked up two more weeks or not? I am guessing you are overthinking. I am sorry you are upset. I would not be worried.

I dont know your son's story, but I assume he was in jail and hope his grandparents are healthy enough to have your son live with them.

3. toughlovin

toughlovin Well-Known Member

To be honest it sounds a bit fishy to me. I would be surprised if the judge heard the case at all wo his lawyer there. I would also think if he wanted to release him the court would have called you.

I dont think the lawyer would conspire to keep your son in jail longer. That doesnt make sense. Who did you hear all this from?

TL

4. AppleCori

AppleCori Well-Known Member

Is it really a good idea that your son gets what he has been demanding—to go live with the grandparents?