Covid just became real

Triedntrue

My son contacted me today to tell me that one of his coworkers came to him last night and told him he felt ill. Serious chest pains they took him to a hospital and he was diagnosed coronavirus. They work in a situation where they are in close quarters. My son has basically been living there and has nowhere to go if they send them home. He also has no transportation from work. He generally stays in a hotel and uses uber or more often me. He does not have it yet as far as he knows but i am worried not only about his health but where he can go or how he will get there. He is a smoker and gets bronchitis at least once a year.

Overwhelmed1

Will they put them all in quarantine? So scary for all of you. Take care of yourself and I pray your son doesn't get it.
So sorry to hear this.

Crayola13

I'm so sorry. Hopefully, your son will test negative. Has he been tested yet? It's hard when you want to comfort your kid and you can't even be near him. I'll say a prayer right now for you, your son, and his co-worker.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Sorry to hear this. Very scary. I was exposed to a coworker that cleaned the home of a man here who died from it. She nor I got it thankfully.

Prayers. Keep us posted.

Triedntrue

The whole crew has been put on quarantine for a minimum of 14 days which i am thankful for. Thank all of you for your prayers. The one who has it is doing ok so far.

Beta

Praying that your son will remain virus-free. May God touch his body and keep his immune system working well. May God give both he and you peace right now. Amen.

newstart

My son contacted me today to tell me that one of his coworkers came to him last night and told him he felt ill. Serious chest pains they took him to a hospital and he was diagnosed coronavirus. They work in a situation where they are in close quarters. My son has basically been living there and has nowhere to go if they send them home. He also has no transportation from work. He generally stays in a hotel and uses uber or more often me. He does not have it yet as far as he knows but i am worried not only about his health but where he can go or how he will get there. He is a smoker and gets bronchitis at least once a year.

Triedntrue, It could be that your son is making this up so you would feel sorry for him and let him back into your home. That is a possibility. I am sure a lot of these kids are using the corona virus as an excuse. At your age you sure do not need it if this is true. Your health is priority. I pray for you because your son throws you into unrest way too often. I am so sorry for your continued drama.

Triedntrue

So now company changed their mind and sent them home to self quarantine. He wants our car we don't drive much because he has no where to go says uber isn't running. Lost his wallet with ID so can't check into a hotel without someone with id. Problem with car is he has dui past so no licence our insurance specified he can't drive our cars. So if he gets in a wreck or something we could be sued. I said i would put on a mask and get him to a hotel my husband had a fit. Says let him figure it out. I don't see a solution other than me picking him up. He (my son)says that's stupid i could die if i get it. He said he was tested but no results yet which doesn't make sense i thought you got some results right away. He finally hung up on me. If he doesn't have a hotel he won't have a phone to see when he can work or call for help. I know fog but am feeling very anxious . Husband refuses to help.

Overwhelmed1

Tried, you keep yourself safe. This is a horrible spot to be in and my heart goes out to you and your family.
Prayers being sent...

Triedntrue

Company finally sent a van to take him to a hotel. Found this out on my way to get him. Luckily this meant he didn't get in car with me. I met him at hotel and signed him in. Unfortunately they fired him because he mouthed off to the boss. He keeps harping on me about not giving him the car. Just so you know he has a bad history with driving when he had vehicles twice possible suicide attempts has no licence but still feels we put the car over his safety. I would have given in to his plan for us to deliver the car to him and let him drive it to a motel. but my husband would not and i couldn't drive both cars. I told him i would put on a mask and come he kept saying no i might get covid. So he says we put the car over his safety. Threatens to commit suicide. I keep talking him down. I have no faith in the mental health system. He has a couple paychecks but don't know how long that will last. I tried to get him to call a hotline he swore and hung up. I texted at 4: 15 he said he was ok. If this was all drug related i could hang firm but covid and bipolar keep me scared.