Daytrana Patch

crazymama30

difficult child's patch keeps coming off. He swears it is falling off and he is not scratching it off, but I don't know. Anyone have problems with this? It really just seems to be happening lately. I have been happy with them in every other way, but I just want them to stay on.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We've used this for a couple of years now. Sometimes it can fall off if it's in a spot where it gets rubbed a lot or if the skin is not totally dry when you put it on or if you have residue from lotion on your hands and it gets on the sticky side it won't adhere as well.

My boys wear it just below their belt line on their hip. Once in a great while we have a problem with one sticking, but not very often.

crazymama30

I put my difficult child's patches in the same spot. I think part of it is he just will not leave them alone. He messes and picks at them, or that is what I think. I e mailed psychiatrist about changing to an oral medication. I just hate to do that, the daytrana has been so good otherwise. Maybe I could stick it in the middle of his back???? lol. He could not get to it there.

smallworld

We had problems with Daytrana sticking to my son's skin. We placed it between his shoulder blades on his back. But one day when it felt itchy, my son reached back and ripped it off. That was the day I asked to go back on oral medication.