Dieting intermittant fasting update

BusynMember

12 lbs!

Intermmitant fasting makes me not very hungry. I eat a lot of protein but not just protein and I had a piece of pie when we had our family Thanksgiving last Saturday. I feel great. I keep active but am NOT killing myself at the gym. Just getting my 10k steps/jogs. I am narurally active as a lifestyle.

I bought a dress for Jumpers wedding that is two sizes smaller than before I lost weight.

I hope this encourages people to try fasting and healthy eating. Please dont lose weight if you dont have to.

Have a great day!!

Copabanana

Wow SWOT. That is great. I have lost ZERO.

And I am thinking of going on WW. I am relaxing the Keto and the IF. I have found that the Keto is no longer working for me and it has become hard for me to sustain the IF.

But I had the same experience as you especially when I combined the two. I read that losses from KETO after the initial couple of weeks drop down to the same as with WW.

My latest idea is to do WW, lower carb, and a less aggressive IF which would be eating between 8 am and 4pm. When the IF worked for me I ate between 8 am and 2 pm which I think is the same number of hours a day that you are eating. I think it has been hard for me to do the IF after awhile because I was not eating enough.

I found that with the Keto I was eating too much beef, (I stopped this) and then I worried because I was using bacon as a flavoring with my eggs. (I mean, it cannot be good to increase bacon consumption by 500 percent.) I virtually never ate bacon. And I upped my cheese intake greatly. While cheese is good, it is not supposed to be a dietary staple.

So, I was forced to face that in search of weight loss I was exchanging a relatively healthy diet for a poor one.

I want to increase salads and vegetables and make them a staple, with good proteins. I think WW encourages this.

Last edited:

BusynMember

Maybe you arent losing weight because you arent overweight?? I am trying to lose weight because after my car accident I gained my lost weight back. Your weight sounds perfect for your height. I wish I were as tall as you!!!

Copabanana

Hi SWOT:

I am within the weight range for my height but I am not at ideal weight. Ideal weight would be about 6 pounds less than I am right now. I am motivated to weigh less both for aesthetic reasons (I want to look better in clothes) and I am concerned because I have a larger waistline than I should have, in terms of health. I need to lose at least I" from my middle and preferably 4". I guess I could do this through exercise by redistribution and that would be smarter but I am currently not so smart with respect to all of this.

Thank you SWOT.

Last edited:

BusynMember

I get it.

Im not smart either. Im just stubborn. If I decide to do something, I do it. Like adopting kids and rescuing a needy dog. I was going to do both. Now I am going to look my best for Jumpers wedding and I am very determined.

My husband doesnt care about my weight at all but is just happy that this is my new thing rather than wanting to open up our own dog rescue :)