Dieting updates?

BusynMember

I thought I would start a new thread for us to report in and give support and advice. I got so much good feedback in the otjer thread.

Using intermittant fasting and cutting calories and working out harder (yeah, I can still work out hard, but doing 10,000 steps made me feel like that was enough) I have lost five pounds in o e week of keto.

Anyone else?

Copabanana

I have lost five pounds
That is fantastic, SWOT. How much weight in total do you think you need to lose to fit into the dress? 5 pounds more?

I am still on low carb but I am stuck at the same weight.

That will have to be enough: I am not exercising right now. I know that to begin to lose again I will have to do intermittent fasting, which for me is to eat low carb between 8 am and 2 pm, and no eating afterwards until the next morning.

The downside is that my energy level is reduced by not eating and I think for both health reasons, and mental health reasons I am better served by re-starting the exercise which boosts my energy, self-esteem, and mood.

So. Where am I? I think I am coming down on the side of accepting that I am at a weight plateau, and being okay with it for now, focusing on health and easing back into exercise.

BusynMember

Copa I would like five more pounds for the dress, then ten more. I have always lost easily as long as I exercise too. I am also deeply blessed with great health so far. At my age, this can change tomorrow. But so far I can work out quite hard and never even feel short of breath or exhausted afterward. Up until this moment, and again anything can change, it seems as if I have taken after my healthy father. So may as well do this as long as I can. I dont think I have the same joint pain many people have over 55.

I do not feel tired at all on this diet.

All of us have different biology and we have to go with it. I totally believe than many people are born with a higher propensity to gain weight and more trouble losing. I feel so sickened by the show My 600 lb. Life and only watched it once. Honestly I believe people who are able to get that big probably have metabolic and genetic issues. They may eat too much but MANY people eat too much and do not get that big. Why can person 1 eat the same as person 2 and there can be a twenty pound weight difference?
Genetics.
That is my opinion.
Do the best you can. Dont sweat it. I am motivated by the wedding.

Copabanana

I have lost five pounds
Swot. I think I have seen 2 photos of you. In both you were small. I do not see where you have that much weight you can afford to lose. I understand 5 lbs for the dress, but REALLY, 10 more? I am envious both of your physical stamina and how easy it seems you lose weight.

BusynMember

I lost a ton of weight on WW before I had my serious car accident. Then the doctors in tje trauma center and later at the rehab center both not only made me wear a feeding tube but made me eat too much with the threat of not letting me go home if I didnt eat all on my plate. Trust me, all the lost weight came back. I am not that size now. I would love to get back there but will be just as happy to be ten pounds or a bit more than that weight. I am at a size that I dont like now. While I am not obese, I need to lose weight. I truly do.

When they make you eat and include a feeding tube and you cant move to exercise, ya gain weight!! And I couldnt wait to go home. I did what they said to do.

Copabanana

I told you my height and weight. What is yours? In your pictures you looked like you are 5'2' max and about 115 lbs at most.

BusynMember

That was about right at the time. But I am about 25 lbs. more now and when you are as short as me, it shows. I was very upset that I was forced to eat so much and dont really understand why. I wasnt underweight. I looked normal. I WAS 115 which I think is perfect for me.

Trust me, I hate to worry about dieting and do not try to be overly skinny. I am doing it because I want to lose weight for that wedding. If I sent you a picture now, you would clearly see that I am no longer that weight. Havent been since my accident :/

Copabanana

That makes sense to me, SWOT. I cannot understand why they would force feed you either. So. Is your goal about 120? Are you 135 now?

I would love to get to 135 or 139 at most--and if I could, 129. But it is very hard to go lower than what I am at now, which is 149 to 150. I am 5'6". If you do it, I will too.

We are talking about the same quantity more or less of pounds over goal weight. If I lost 20 pounds it would be fantastic. If I lost 10 to 13 pounds, I would be pleased, and I would stabilize there and try to lose the rest by exercise.

BusynMember

I am 133 now. About. I look okay at 125. I am small boned and can wear a size 10 at that weight and tend to look smaller than I am. I am really not in a super rush. The wedding is August 2019 lol. I would be very happy at 120. I dont think Id diet to get less than that. Thats a size 8 and just fine. I live in a family of eating disorders and have no desire to want to be a twig or think constantly about food. The idea of developing an eating,/exercise obsession, as opposed to sensible eating, really scares me. I dodged that genetic bullet!!! (yes, I read lately it runs in families and I totally believe it!).

When I did WW I worked out hard every day and lost 40 lbs. in about five months. I dont plan on working that hard or fast this time.

We can support one another:) Will be fun!

Last edited:

Copabanana

OK, Swot. I will take the challenge. From 133 to 120 is 13 pounds. If I lose 13 pounds I would be at about be 138 or less. That would be great for me. I think it would be healthy to lose that amount of weight in 9 months, less than 1.5 lbs a month.

When I was on low carb it was easy to lose the first 8 pounds, and not easy after that. If you are like me, that would bring you down to 130. And you would then have 9 months to lose 10 pounds which is entirely doable. Even when I was doing regular dieting I could lose a pound a month.

I will begin fasting again to get myself to 147. And then I will be in the same spot relative to goal as you.

I do not think it is extreme for you to take off this weight.

Copabanana

Hi SWOT

I was 150 today (a little higher. I round off to the lowest pound).

You want to lose 13 pounds to get to 120.

If I lose 13 pounds I will be at 137. That would be fine. I am 5'6.'

So. We are pretty much neck and neck.

How often will you weigh yourself? Should we do so weekly?

Is there a reason that you are not going back to weightwatchers?

BusynMember

I think maybe teice a week? Wed. and Sun? Im shoppingnow. Will read response later. I am as bad as a kid. My phone gets checjed no matter where I am!

Copabanana

I will watch for your reply.

I am doing low carb. And I will try to stop eating at 2pm with only tea with a little milk after that time.

Copabanana

Wed. and Sun?
The thing is SWOT if you are anything like me, the weight loss may stall after 8 lbs or so. So you should get down to 130 pretty quickly, (next few days?) and then, it may be slower.

Why don't we do this. We can check in with each other one day a week and you can pick which day. We can weigh as many times each week as we want but check and record it, only once a week.

Last edited:

Copabanana

I want to be challenged. It is like a racehorse who runs faster if he has to keep pace with another horse. No offense. She has no awareness or concept of winning.

If I know you are doing it, I will be inspired. It is not to win. It is to succeed. To be inspired to success. To support you to succeed.

Copabanana

Hi SWOT.

Have you weighed yourself? How did you do?

I did walk 3 times this week and will leave in a few minutes to walk today, and I went yesterday to begin a Pilates program. I will aim for an hour and 15 minutes of walking today which for me is a little less than 4 miles.

After all my braying, I am only trying to hold my own with my weight. I recognize that to push myself to lose more weight is NOT self-care. Instead I will try to be where I am and be healthier. If weight comes off, so be it. If it does not, that is okay too. I want to accept myself.

BusynMember

I havent weighed myself but I will.

Did you see my youtube video on Orthoexia? It scared me. I am going to eat high protien but add more stuff. I dont want to get so crazy about eating that it takes over my life. That has never happened but I have seen eating obsessions/disorders in three of my DNA.

I am still dieting but want to think over how I do it.

I will get back to you :) i wasnt a very good girl this week.

Last edited: