difficult child finally got a sponsor

KFld

difficult child called me last night to let me know he was on his way home from a meeting and that he just got a sponsor. He actually hadn't met him yet, but spoke to him on the phone. I think somebody at the meeting he was at gave him his number and he said he's picking him up this morning to meet him and go to a meeting together.

Not quite sure what brought this on after almost 3 months at the soberhouse. Maybe the housemanager pushed him a little, but whatever, I'm glad he has one.

Hopefully this means he's taking his program more seriously then he has in the past.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Getting a sponsor is certainly a big step! Typically, this will be the person to "ride your :censored2:", call a spade a spade, etc.

:smile:

Thanks for the update!

Peace

Ephchap

Karen,

Indeed a sponsor is a good thing. I know when my son was at his Residential Treatment Center (RTC), he got a sponsor here at home, and when he was allowed home visits after a few months, his sponsor picked him up from our house and took him to meetings. As a condition of his Residential Treatment Center (RTC) rules, he was only allowed with his sponsor or with us for the weekends home. I was thrilled he found someone truly seemed to care.

Hooray for the big step forward!

Hugs,
Deb

TYLERFAN

Hi:

My difficult child informed me only days ago that she had a sponsor also. Last time she was in the soberhouse/program she went without one for 10 months! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/919Mad.gif
So glad to hear that difficult child has a sponsor!!!!!!
:bravo: :bravo:
Blessings,
Melissa *

KFld

I am really thrilled. His last time out of rehab he ended up with John, the guy who was acting as his sponsor, but wasn't really a sponsor. He's the one he got the apartment with and John relapsed first. I'm so glad he got a real one this time.
He still doesn't have a car, so I'm sure he'll find it easier to get to meetings with a sponsor helping him.

everywoman

Great news. Meetings are so important. Having a strong support system is paramount to staying clean. I'm glad he's found someone.

KFld

I spoke to him briefly last night and he said he said they went to a meeting together and he's cool. I guess that is equivalent to I like him :smile:

Sunlight

ant had a wonderful sponsor in the other county in which he was jailed. Rob. Rob stood by ant thru a lot, paid his first rent downpyt which ant paid back. he rode ant to town, let him sleep on his floor til he found a place.

I hope Rob was also inspired that he was able to help ant.

May God bless all the sponsors. they have truly been there done that and can use that to help others.

KFld

I never thought of it that way Nomad. I haven't heard from him much lately, which made me assume things are going well. Usually when he's stressed and negatives things are happening in his life he calls me numerous times a day. I guess he always hopes I can fix it for him, but usually it's just for support. In the last 3 weeks I haven't gotten many calls from him and I have been trying not to call him to often, but he did call me the other night just to let me know about the sponsor, so he must have been enthusiastic.