difficult child finished his fist semester --proud momma

everywoman

One A, one B+, one c+. I am proud of him.
He is working now, part-time. I am proud of him!
This weekend he helped a college friend move. It was raining and he fell down a flight of stairs---from top to bottom. He wrenched his back. Today he went to the ER to get checked out. Dr. tried to give him Vicodin---but he told him that he could not and would not take any narcotic. He did get some muscle relaxers, but is taking them cautiously! I am proud of him!

Boy that feels good.

Kathy813

Staff member
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo:

You should be a proud mama. My difficult child finished the semester, too. We are waiting for her grades.

Could our difficult children finally be getting it???

~Kathy

Irene_J

I know how you feel! My difficult child is in community college also. She's gotten all C's so far, but as long as she's passing, I'm happy.

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it, when normal things happen to our difficult children?

KFld

All I can say to the grades and the saying no to narcotics is

:bravo: :smile: :thumb: :fan: :its_all_good: :xmasdancers:

everywoman

Yeah, that no to narcotics really got me too. I hope he means it!
I dont' think he's using, but when you've lived with an addict, somewhere their is always some doubt and suspicions.

everywoman

Thanks ladies. It feels good to be able to feel proud of him. Hopefully he has figured out that his illness and addiction feed off each other. As long as he doesn't use, he can manage the bi-polar and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) enough to function at some level---maybe not where he could be without the bi-polar and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)---but things are what they are. He has registered for 3 more course next term. He would like to move to a larger city, but husband and I will not support him financially and until he can learn to balance work and classes I don't see it happening.

Could you possibly be proud of him?

Fantastic grades. Good news on the job. And even better news on passing on the Vicodin. This board auntie is especially proud of him for that :wink: .

Brag on, proud momma. Brag on.