Do you remember when...?

Pink Elephant

One word... Sanitary belts. I guess that is two words. Oops!

Pads with adhesives! Best thing since sliced bread...
OH... MY... WORD! YES! I totally remember that! And pins! By the time you were done padding yourself you felt like a baby! We always used baby diaper pins for fastening which was so embarrassing!

Big bulky things they were!

Pink Elephant

How about the old bonnet and dome hair dryers women sat under after having their hair done? Anyone else remember those?

I remember my mom sitting under one in a long row of other women sitting under one, and all of them were smoking!

ksm

Dippity Doo

Ironing our long hair...

Scotch taping our bangs to our forehead overnight.

Garter belts and stockings

School lunch... Chili and cinnamon rolls ( maybe it is a Midwest thing!)

64 count box of crayons with a built in sharpener on the box

Spelling bees

Playing Red Rover on the play ground

Teeter totters...and your friend always jumping off before you are all the way down!

Thanks for bringing up this topic...it was fun thinking back on all these "normal" things we did...

Pink Elephant

And let's not forget how EVERYONE used an outdoor clothesline back in the day! I STILL use my clothesline!

Anyone else here still hang laundry out on a line?

Pink Elephant

Dippity Doo

Ironing our long hair...

Scotch taping our bangs to our forehead overnight.

Garter belts and stockings

School lunch... Chili and cinnamon rolls ( maybe it is a Midwest thing!)

64 count box of crayons with a built in sharpener on the box

Spelling bees

Playing Red Rover on the play ground

Teeter totters...and your friend always jumping off before you are all the way down!

Thanks for bringing up this topic...it was fun thinking back on all these "normal" things we did...
Oh, you make me so jealous, Ksm, because you've come up with such good ones! :)

Yes, ironing our hair! LOL! We tried it, and I totally remember Dippity-Do! ROFL!

Teeter-totters were so much fun, until the other person jumped off unexpectedly! Ouch!

ksm

Clackers! Remember them? They were glass balls that were connected with a string that you'd snap back and forth with the movement of your wrist to get them clacking. Ouch! Boy did they ever smart when you hit a knuckle!

What a fun thread SomewhereOutThere!

Clackers!! I remember those! Ksm

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Do any of you remember playing cats cradle? Just a loop of yarn and we learned all kinds of tricks?

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Ladies I remember all those things. Watch who is calling who old. LOL.
The laundey mat evey Sunday with clothing for 12 people. Ugh!

We had a small home 10 kids mom and Dad. 4 bedrooms.

Glass baby bottles ouch. I remember babysitting for my sister and I slept in the room with the baby's crib. I often woke to her baby bottle braining me in the head after she pitched it.