does anyone loom knit?

DammitJanet

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to make a sweater on one. The one video I can find on youtube looks a bit strange.

DammitJanet

I guess not...lol. I have managed to figure out basic crocheting but I wanted to try this loom thing. It really is quite fun and easy to make hats and from one video I watched, it seems socks will be good.

I recently learned about felting crocheted or knitted items and that is amazing. Just to see how it would work out, I did a swatch and it was awesome. You have to use pure wool though so the yarn is a bit more expensive. Anyone who is doing crochet should check out the instructions on youtube.

DammitJanet

Loom knitting is where you use these "things" that are either circular or rectangular. Most are plastic. You wrap the yarn around the pegs and then flip one thread over the other and it ends up growing down the center of the circle. Its really cool.

InsaneCdn

Oh, you mean SPOOL knitting!

Did it all the time as a kid. Made all sorts of things.
Sweater would be a bit tricky. Poncho works well, because you can start with a circle big enough to go over the head, and just keep going in circles around that.

DammitJanet

They call it loom knitting here. You can buy kits at big box stores like Walmart and craft stores that sell yarn. I have to admit I am going to need a 12 step program soon because I am becoming addicted to yarn!