DS two week update

Beta

Hey all--we're trying to help Josh get his Drivers License. I took him yesterday for his eye exam and he got contacts. We went to the DL office. He passed the eye exam, but failed the computer exam. He went home and studied the manual and is going back today to retake it. I would appreciate any prayers for his success.
Thank you.

As far as his mood, etc.--it's a mixed bag. Some moments he's pleasant and interactive; other moments we have sullenness, withdrawal, and even some conflict. Just taking it a day at a time. It's an uphill battle though, which we knew it would be.

Blindsided

Face the Sun
Beta, thank you for the update. Prayers Josh embraces the treatments and opportunities you are offering. Prayers for your strength.

In healing

Beta

Thank you all. Okay, he passed the eye exam and the written exam this afternoon. His driving test is scheduled for next Tuesday. Small steps....!!!
He also texted me and thanked me for his towels being nice and clean.;)

Beta

It's hard to believe he's only been here two weeks. It feels like a lot longer, and it's hard to believe that just two weeks ago he was sending insulting, threatening text messages. o_O

newstart

May God ingrain deeply into your son's heart and lead him with divine wisdom and success. Amen. Your good news is lifting my heart.

Deni D

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
Staff member
Beta, I'm so happy for you that he is being grateful right now. I can feel the love coming right off the cyberspace page. Keep this in your heart and know if he slips up in the future he is fully capable of feeling and behaving the way he is today. Little steps towards independence have a way of changing lives. It seems the boy is maturing a bit.He's doin good.

MissLulu

This is great news, Beta. I am sending prayers for continued improvements and for Josh to ace the driving test.

Beta

. Keep this in your heart and know if he slips up in the future he is fully capable of feeling and behaving the way he is today
Good advice--thank you. I'm trying to not expect any kind of attitude from him--either negative or positive--because he can go either way, and if I expect one or the other I can end up reacting badly.

If he seems to want to be by himself and not interact, we tend to step back and leave him be; only offering what he might need or want at that moment (food we're fixing; throwing laundry in with ours, etc.) Other times, if he seems to want to talk (He likes to talk about history and politics; although we try to avoid the politics a good deal because our views are nowhere near where his are and it could cause conflict), then we talk/listen.

Beta

This is great news, Beta. I am sending prayers for continued improvements and for Josh to ace the driving test.
Thank you MissLulu for your kind words and prayers. I so appreciate all you folks and your kindness to me. There is so much support and compassion here; I wouldn't have made it through the last two and a half years without it.