Duckie is an unofficial teenager

tiredmommy

Monday was Duckie's BFF and twin sister's birthday. I dropped her off at 11:30AM for a fun day their family had planned. I brought her home briefly around 10PM to grab stuff for a sleepover and didn't pick her up again until Tuesday evening around 10PM. She stayed up until just after midnight...

And slept in until 2:15PM yesterday afternoon. :rofl:

This is the child that routinely was up at 5:30AM every stinking day until just a few years ago.

SuZir

LOl, isn't it funny, how we grump and whine, when they are small and don't let us sleep at mornings but are up with the sun. And then we start to grump and whine how we are not getting them up before afternoon? been there done that :rofl:

What a wonderful break for you!! Hope you got some quality "me" time in. Yes, there are a few advantages to those (unofficial) teen years, lol... Wait, as long as it's a weekend, not a school day. Won't get started on how tough those school mornings can be! Best saved for another thread, when I have lots of caffeine left in the pot.

:rofl: Thank you. I really needed to start today with a good laugh - Tomorrow morning is root canal day and I'm dreading it already.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
TM, your post made me remember my granddaughter when she was that age, (big smile) and now she's driving, going into her Senior year, has a boyfriend for 2 years....... and is a young woman rather then a little girl..................it goes by so fast,.......... enjoy it all,..........the good, the bad and the ugly!!!

tiredmommy

Lol. We already talked about sleep and school since she isn't always able to adjust well to sleep changes and school starts right after Labor Day. So, since she will have a 6AM wake up call on school days she will start out by being up by 10AM next week, then 9AM the following week, then 8:30AM the week before school. Hopefully she can self correct for the difference by the first day.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Kayla makes a habit of trying to stay up half the night, then of course, wants to sleep most of the day away. When she spent her week with aunt Nichole, she was in bed every single night at 8 pm and out cold, back up by 7am. LOL

My kids never did this......I'm sure they wanted to........I just never allowed it. They could stay up late in summer until maybe 10 or so but regardless, they had to be up by 8am. I wasn't adjusting my daily schedule to accommodate a slugabed. lol

InsaneCdn

I wasn't adjusting my daily schedule to accommodate a slugabed. lol
We found the transition between "school" and "summer" schedules to be way too much work on both ends... so, our "summer" schedule is a sleep-in of a whole extra half-hour... It just makes life easier for all of us, if we are consistent.

LittleDudesMom

Definitely depends on the kid - my difficult child has a very liberal bed and wake schedule in the summer (he sets his bedtime schedule for work days) and adjusts to school without a glitch - we do work on an little earlier bedtime and wake about a week before school starts.

Glad Duckie is having great girl fun!!!!

*Sharon