DWTS...who do you like?

DDD

I said I wasn't going to watch because of N.G. but I did. When she was shown I went to the kitchen and missed her...darn! Then I caught the end of the program and hoped. Not.

Anyway this year's show looks like it has awesome dancers. The new pros look terrific and I think it's going to be a treat to watch. Wasn't Chaz light on his feet? I was impressed. DDD

DammitJanet

Well I was shocked by NG. You have got to watch her next week DDD. You will have new material. I never realized she was, how can I put this delicately, a full figured woman. To put it bluntly...the gal is much heavier than I would have ever thought.

Now Chaz was great I thought. I was thrilled for him and give him major kuddos for doing this. I looked for Cher in the audience and was shocked she wasnt there. Whats up with that? I have read all the idiotic ill will towards him online and I am astounded people can be so mean.

I am thrilled my Derek is back. Looks better than ever. He is growing up...sniff sniff. I loved what he said to Riki Lake. When she told him she wasnt one of his perfect former partners, he told her she was wonderful and beautiful just the way she was. Awww. I want one hour with him. You think Make a Wish would grant me that? LOL.

DDD

I was surprised to see "your" Derek was back. I did catch more than one glimpse of NG (when she came out to dance & I left, lol and for the elmination when I had my fingers crossed) and I was surprised too. I'm not sure if it was "gutsy" or "dumb" to display her arms but I had fleeting thoughts of discomfort for her. Other than Ricki Lake she's the only one larger than a size one. I hope next week is my last glimpse. by the way, I don't know how she could be actively parenting her young twins and have that much extra weight...bet she has a Nanny. DDD

Jody

I was also surprised that NG was a full figured woman also. I did not watch but as I was flipping channels, I saw Chaz dance. He was very good. I love my netflix, so I usually just watch a movie anymore. I do love reality tv though.

KTMom91

Well...let's see. I thought Chynna Phillips was beautiful, very graceful. I liked JR and Ricki as well, and was pleasantly surprised that Chaz did as well as he did. I expected him to be heavier on his feet. Carson looked like he was having a great time out there, and that's always fun to see.

Ron Artest, or whatever his name is, was a clumsy clod. He deserved to go home early.

I adore Cheryl, so I hope Rob Kardashian gets it in gear. I'd like to see her in the finals.

DammitJanet

Now DDD...dont go there. I have actively parented 3 boys and halfway actively parented Keyana and I am way heavier than Nancy Grace!

DammitJanet

good...lol. Obviously I dont watch the results shows because I have other shows I am watching...lol. I also have other things I am dvring and lordy you can only dvr so much!

KTMom91

I forgot to dvr Jimmy Kimmel last night, so I missed the "ceremonial burning of the capezios," but I set the timer this morning.

I usually get online and look up the results and then decide whether or not I want to watch, since those of you on east coast time know what's happening three hours before we do!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
those of you on east coast time know what's happening three hours before we do!

That's why we have a pact on this forum not to post results until the following morning on our threads.

I thought George's ex was lousy and stiff as a board. They picked the right one to go this week- I think she should go next.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think I'm going with Carson and China .......not sure which one. Probably Carson.

Chaz does nothing for me...(sorry) I'm over the gender bender thing. So now to me it's just a guy out there dancing and he's not that great of a dancer. Ron needed to go - OH good goodbye. NG......I have nothing nice to say ------so I have nothing to say. Missed a lot of it so I'll catch up later.

AOL has issues and I'm trying to fix things.......did I mention I don't like AOL?

LittleDudesMom

by the way, I don't know how she could be actively parenting her young twins and have that much extra weight...bet she has a Nanny. DDD

I would like to think this remark was powered more by your dislike of NG rather than your actual opinion of overweight moms.....I hope so, I found it quite offensive.

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
I saw NG on an interview last night with her instructor and she was talking about which was worse - the Red Bull someone gave her before the dance or the corsett she was shoved into.

Actually I'm beginning to believe I like others are on a witch hunt for this woman - she's SOooooooooooooooo intent on dredging up any little itsy bitsy teeny weenie tiddly biddly speck of insignificant dirt on anyone that she deems unworthy in HER eyes on her show and flogging them into the ground for weeks and weeks when lets say THAT person yes has done a horrific thing but in my humble opinion - let's move on there are other horrific crimes we could report on ----so do it, but she doesn't to quote a phrase the woman beats a dead horse.

-----I find it hard not to rise above the situation and not be hyper- crytical of her. Like her Red bull comment ----I mean I thought she looked good in her corsett and her dress was very pretty - but to tell the world she had NO idea what a Red Bull would do to her body? COME ON shes a self-proclaimed top notch reporter and has never watched the commercials on Red Bull? .......Not buying the dumb routine on the effects of caffeine and sugar - especially when she has commented on her show about the poor parenting of some Mothers and how she bet they have given their kids Red Bull and candy for dinner.

DDD

Gee, Sharon, I'm sorry. A bunch of us are or have been overweight. My comment wasn't really aimed at overweight people...it was unkindly aimed at NG. There are very very few people that I dislike and hypocrits are right up there on my list. She has at least five shows a week where she sits in unkind judgement of imperfect people. Her face and her words denounce accused people and blatant disrespect is shown toward them and their attorneys.

THEN...she tosses in at the end of the program those who have died defending our Country. I'm from a military family and one with law enforcement officers so obviously it saddens me when lives are lost in the line of duty. It just seems ludicris (sp?) to make big bucks off presenting one side of law and order, disrespecting that our system has two sides to justice and then quickly changing facial expressions to honor the deceased. Same thing goes for all the talk about her twins. I doubt that she is a hands on parent. Yes, she is overweight. Maybe I shouldn't have tied those ideas together but I expect her weight is due to her pursuing her celebrity status and self indulgent behaviors. Lord knows she can afford any number of health and weight loss and fitness programs that most of us can not afford to get rid of excess pounds.

Sorry again but I really find her majorly offensive. I don't think her "heart" is in the right place whereas our CD family members are compassionate and oriented to the best parenting possible. I've been here for over ten years and I think this is the first time I've "ragged on" anyone. I'll try not to do it again...of course, there's nobody else that hold in such distain, lol. Hugs DDD

DammitJanet

I knew you were just ragging on her. Nancy Grace is better in my mind though than the one that comes before her...seriously. That Mitchell gal. She drives me even more insane. Everything is an addiction to her. And its a War on Women! The woman was an alcoholic at one point and now everyone has some form of addiction no matter what they do. There is nothing called mental illness...its all addiction. You are addicted to crime, addicted to celebrity, addicted to drama, addicted to drugs, addicted to...whatever. And she looks different when she is just talking to someone else on a show and then when she gets on her show, she brushes her hair down over her eyes, heavy eye shadow and stares into that camera like she is a cat stalking her prey...lmao. I have gotten so mad sometimes I have called into the show and screamed at them but they never actually let me through. I have quit watching and watch either Food Network or HGtV...lmao.

LittleDudesMom

You are more than welcome to "rag on ahead" DDD! It's just that I took exception at the assumption that being overweight doesn't make you an active parent.

But, I totally understand about NG -- I've never been a fan......

Hugs back atcha!

Sharon

DDD

Janet, thanks for warning me not to watch what's her face. I've never heard of her and I guarantee I won't be looking to get acquainted, lol. DDD