easy child/difficult child & SO are hosting NINE teen girls for a sleepover Saturday!

DDD

Other than plenty of food, drinks, snacks and movies...any suggestions on how to make sure that they stay in the house ALL NIGHT??? I have done sleepovers and even when I was a teen in the 50's we all ended up "going for walks" or something we should not have done. :) When I was parenting teen girls I literally stayed up ALL NIGHT to make sure none of them took off looking for adventure.

Those of you with teen girls do you have any suggestions? DDD

PS: His house is nice and in a golfing community BUT it is very close to the outside boundaries and near the woods. Literally the seller told us there is a black panther that "comes around" at night sometimes.
Yikes.

Jody

Oh my, well can tell you you need to have someone near every window and door. LOL. maybe the panther will scare them. Sounds like a good time though. Can't wait to hear how it goes. good Luck.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Maybe stress to them that "there is a black panther" that stalks around at night and the last thing any of them want is to suddenly find themselves face to face with it.

It might work.

I dunno. When Nichole had sleep overs........her room was upstairs. Mine downstairs. Fred and I slept with the door open........and the slightest unnormal sound would bring me wide awake. easy child's boyfriend used to sleep over on weekends.....same method worked for him. That boy never made it upstairs and she never made it downstairs to him. lol I still have this issue with noises that are not the norm when trying to sleep.

How about one of those alarms that go off when a door is opened? Maybe place it where they won't see it until it's too late?

Sneaking out during such things was always a too obvious MO for me even as a teen. All my sneaking around behavior was done during the day. lol

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Telling them about the panther should do the trick. Keeping them occupied is another story. Sometimes my granddaughter and her friends do their nails, play with makeup, bake cookies, cakes or cup cakes, while they watch movies, text, talk, eat and drink. Remarkable multi-tasking!

Kathy813

Staff member
I guess it depends on whether they are easy child's or difficult child's. Nothing stops a difficult child from escaping if they want to badly enough. The panther wouldn't stand a chance against a determined difficult child or two.

Good luck. :beafraid:

~Kathy

tiredmommy

I would stay up all night myself. That's too many kids without at least one being a difficult child. I'd recommend crafty or artsy stuff, some DVDs, dance dance revolution, supplies for mani/pedis, etc. and a large pot of coffee for at least one of the adults.

DDD

It should be interesting, lol. SO is the biomom of the birthday girl so, obviously, I have nothing to do with it. on the other hand, easy child/difficult child called me to ask for suggestions. I don't think he has told his SO about the Florida panther. She has alot of fears (even though she acts like she doesn't). The kids are thirteen. The forecast is for RAIN....again....so maybe roaming off won't be a problem. He's hyped about it. I'll report on the results Sunday or Monday and hope/pray that it goes smooth as silk and is alot of fun for the kids. DDD

InsaneCdn

RAIN helps :)
Also helps that they are 13, not... 15 or 17.
Not that barely-teenagers can't get into a pile of trouble, but if they are determined to get into trouble, the older they are the more experience they have in doing so!

Keep 'em busy. Some form of major physical activity will definitely help (dance competition or something... ).

DammitJanet

My experience would be fun video games, the mani/pedi stuff, cookie decorating, maybe t-shirt decorating? I know they have kits to make necklaces and things like that so maybe they would like that sort of thing. Birthday girl should know what her friends like to do.

I would definately go the mani/pedi route- tbey can't put on shoes to go out with wet toenails. Maybe go to redbox and microwave popcorn, they'll make their own fun. If there is a Michaels store nearby get t-shirts and Sharpies in fun colors, they can sign each others shirts and have a fun memory of the nignt to take home.