(Fingers crossed) They might let Tot Monster B out of hospital tomorrow! Yay!

trinityroyal

Whew! It's been a tough slog, but Tot Monster B sure is a fighter.

Turns out that the bacterial infection they found was secondary to an underlying viral infection. So they've been giving him IV anti-virals as well as antibiotics for the last several days. Although B's thumb still looks like raw meat from all the cutting and lancing they had to do, it is once again thumb shaped, and the docs say that he's making good progress.

If all goes according to plan, they'll let him (and therefore me) go home tomorrow. Crossing fingers and holding my breath.

Trinity

M

ML

(((((((((((((Trin and TotB))))))))))))))) May the next post from you be a report that you are both home and resting comfortablly! Love you guys xo ML

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hmmm... If they can't put a titanium thumb guard on him, maybe a cone collar... or an astronaut helmet... or....

Glad they're getting the infection under control and that you'll both be home soon!

trinityroyal

Yay, we're home! (Well, actually, I'm sneaking a post form the office this morning.) They released Baby B yesterday, so we were indeed home in time for Sunday dinner. husband made him an ad hoc arm guard out of a rolled towel and some duct tape, which for now is keeping his thumb out of his mouth, and as long as Baby B doesn't convince Baby P to chew on it for him I think we're in business.

Thanks for the good wishes and hugs everyone. They really help.
Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
SMoooooochies to B. (hims not a monster) He's my little angel B. Tot ANGEL B.....momma. (m kay?) Mwah. snuggles.....yes he is look at that big boy....and Hi P.....pretty girl....pretty pretty girl....snuggles.

I'm so glad you are out of there. Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Welcome home to both of you.....I'm so glad that B is on the mend. husband is sure on the ball with his "prosthesis". Very cool.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
No more trips to the Big House for little man!
Gets some rest the both of you...

Big and little hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm late, too. I'm so glad to hear that you are both home! How's he doing, Trinity?

Suz

trinityroyal

It really is great to be home. I don't think either Baby B or I got more than 2 hours of sleep at a time in the hospital.

Tot Monster B is coming along smashingly. His little thumb is healing quickly and cleanly, and we have a follow-up with the plastic surgeon on Friday. With luck that will be that.
In the meantime, my determined little monster-tot has gotten out of every device we've implemented to keep him from chewing on his thumb, INCLUDING husband's duct-tape towel contraption. We've resorted to layering socks on his hand and peeling off the wet ones as he goes, just to keep the dressings dry.

Trinity