For fun worst commercial ever

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Volkswagen Tigwan commercials. They all bug me. The one where it acts like a horse and the other like a dog park. Ugh.

BusynMember

Yes! Vince! Was I right about the incident that cost him his job???

Sham Wowie!!!

To me, vehicle commercials in general are at best boring and at worst annoying :/

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
The guy who did the commercials got into some sort of trouble. I don't remember details for sure, but it may have been him assaulting his girlfriend after she bit his nipple. Don't hold me to this! I know it was something really odd.
He was arrested for battery because he said the prostitute bit his tongue and would not let go. Gross. He also sued everybody.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hate the toilet paper commercials where they ask people to go into a tent and take off their underwear if they are sure the brand of TP got them clean enough. Then the people walk out carrying little bags with their underwear and are interviewed on camera about how "fresh and clean" they feel. Truly stupid.

I haven't seen the skittlepox commercial, but it sounds disgusting. I hate skittles anyway. They just taste like food coloring to me.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I tried Skittles once, shortly after they came out. I got an itchy mouth and hives.

I am allergic to certain yellow dyes, as well some artificial fruit flavors, at least if vaped. I don't what if it was the coloring or the flavoring, but between tasting pretty nasty and being allergic to them, I haven't any interest in trying Skittles again.

Candywise, I go for very good, dark chocolate and things made with it, and am a serious peppermint freak. I have something like 5-6 different types of peppermint candies in the house right now.

I also vape peppermint.

Pink Elephant

The one with the giant, dirty, sweat socks?
The one where Karl's mom enters the room and says, "this room stinks, we have to wash the whole room".

The commercial itself isn't what irritates me, it's the message the commercial relays to those foolish enough to buy into the idea that odours, stink, and dirt, can be quickly and easily dealt with using a simple store-bought spray.

Small wonder why our world is so messed up.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have IBS (irritable bowel). I use "bathroom spray" if someone is going to be likely to be entering the house when my innards are acting up. Or...when I can't stand it anymore.

I only use it in the bathroom.

I also use something to deodorize/disinfect my garbage disposal. My cats eat canned food and freeze-dried raw food (rehydrated). My garbage disposal periodically gets to smelling like death.

That's it.

Pink Elephant

I have IBS (irritable bowel). I use "bathroom spray" if someone is going to be likely to be entering the house when my innards are acting up. Or...when I can't stand it anymore.

I only use it in the bathroom.

I also use something to deodorize/disinfect my garbage disposal. My cats eat canned food and freeze-dried raw food (rehydrated). My garbage disposal periodically gets to smelling like death.

That's it.
The second basin in our kitchen every so often will start to emit a foul odour, and I find a dash of regular ordinary household bleach poured down remedies the problem.

Triedntrue

Baking soda and white vinegar work really well for garbage disposals and other things. Pour in about 1/2 cup soda then pour vinegar on top wait a little then rinse. As for the bathroom i keep a scented candle lit when I am in there

upload_2018-3-17_18-43-40.jpeg
Instructions:
  • Pour a pot of boiling hot water down your drain.
  • Dump in about 1/2 c. baking soda. ...
  • Then, pour a mixture of 1 c. vinegar
  • Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
  • Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water. Also kills certain kinds of fruit flies that start in the drain.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Baking soda and white vinegar work really well for garbage disposals and other things. Pour in about 1/2 cup soda then pour vinegar on top wait a little then rinse. As for the bathroom i keep a scented candle lit when I am in there

View attachment 926
Instructions:
  • Pour a pot of boiling hot water down your drain.
  • Dump in about 1/2 c. baking soda. ...
  • Then, pour a mixture of 1 c. vinegar
  • Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
  • Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water. Also kills certain kinds of fruit flies that start in the drain.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Can't use bleach because it will eat up the rubber fittings. Tried the vinegar and baking soda.

Didn't take care of it. That's why I'm using the commercial stuff.

I do use scalding water and the vinegar and baking soda to keep my drains running freely and odor free, but it just doesn't cut it with the disposal because of the cat food that goes down it.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
To me, vehicle commercials in general are at best boring and at worst annoying :/

You know what's weird? About 2 months ago, they were running constant ads on one of the cable stations I watch for the 2018 Toyota RAV 4.

About a week later, I started getting calls and mailings from not just the dealer up in Rhinelander and the dealer in Milwaukee who now services my car, but from Toyota dealers all over WI, offering me very high trade-in deals for my 2012 RAV 4, and huge discounts on a 2017 or 2018 RAV 4.

Apparently, the dealers share info, as it was known my car was purchased in Rhinelander, and approx what the mileage was, which would be from the current dealer in Milwaukee.

So, I'm being offered 2K over value on trade-in, and up to 5K off a new one, plus 0% financing for 5 years.

I keep telling them my 2012 is in perfect condition. You can see it has low miles, AND it's paid for. Why on earth would I want to take on another car payment?

Apparently word got around that I don't want to BUY a new car. Now I'm getting leasing offers, still with the great trade-in offers.

Don't want monthly car payment of ANY kind!

Anyway, apparently 2018 RAV 4's aren't selling as well as expected, and 2012s are in great demand as used cars.

Something to think about: either you could probably get a great deal on a 2018, or a good price on a trade in of a 2012 if you have one.

Jabberwockey

Most of the commercials are listing all the side effects while joyous people run in a meadow or play fetch with a dog. It's insane.

Someone had a bit in a song talking about this years ago. I would tag the video but am at work. Its by LazyBoy and the song is titled "The Underwear go Inside the Pants". Yeah, its a strange...song?, but its amusing.

Those stupid car commercials where Matthew McConaughey acts like a condescending, pompous douche bag.

I would love to find the individual who came up with the idea for the diarrhea dance commercial so I can beat them to death with a blunt object with a smile on my face. POS has OBVIOUSLY never had a serious gastro-intestinal problem.

Nomad

Staff member
I’ve had good luck with disposal odors using : water, dish soap, fresh lemon wedges, a cup of ice...small to medium slivers. Let the disposal crunch it all up...basically wet, soapy, ice cubes and lemon wedges. keep water on while doing this. They say it cleans blades of smelly debris. Smells nice. I don't know. This seems to work for me. I bet the above idea would work too.

KTMom91

I LOVE that Pepto commercial! "Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea..." I can do the little dance, too!

Lil

I hate pretty much all the new KFC "Colonel" commercials. Half of them seem kind of rapey - and now poor Reba McIntyre is the Colonel? Really? How bad off must she be?

The Gusher commercials...all stupid.

I agree with Jabber about the Pepto "diarrhea dance" commercials - and the Charmin "bears".