For fun worst commercial ever

AppleCori

Are bad commercials really bad for the product?

Or is the old line true that there is no such thing as bad publicity?

I told my hubby once how I couldn’t stand a commercial I just saw (don’t remember what it was) and he told me that they got me talking about the product....

Are you going to avoid the product because of a bad commercial?

More likely to buy because of a good one?

Triedntrue

I have been known to refuse to buy a product because of a commercial.

I just saw another one little mini guy popping in places long wavy red hair. Diet dr pepper is the product.

AppleCori

I just saw another one little mini guy popping in places long wavy red hair. Diet dr pepper is the product.

I hate that commercial!

If I didn’t already hate Diet DP, I probably would start hating it because of that commercial.

To make it worse, my younger step-son will mimic Little Sweet and start singing. Then sometimes my hubby joins in. They know I can’t stand it, and it makes it even worse to hear these two very large men singing ‘It’s the sweet one’ in high, contrived voices.

Still not as bad as the ED commercials, though.

BusynMember

I don't think this is a bad commercial but I hate it because it makes me cry every time. I never get desensitized to it. I have to mute the TV and not look. That is the Humane Society commercials and yes I donate a small amount every month. Ditto for the Wildlife Commercials.

Does anyone else remember the very first Kotex commercial? I can't remember what it said but I remember all the young woman at work giggling that now they are going to advertise on television and remember laughing with my co workers as we watched one in the break room, most of us blushing. I was a prude and I blush easily and bright red. The guys were just disgusted and commented on how gross it was to advertise Kotex on TV!

Now we have evolved so much and nothing is sacred. I loathe commercials for erectile dysfunction both on TV and in my email! Ick! My hubby gets them too and he also gets boob job commercials in his email...lol. we compare and laugh.

I love to get up, say, at 3am and enjoy the night stillness and watch TV while I walk in my apartment. The commercial folks must think everyone who is up at weird hours is ready to croak. Every other commercial is for small life insurance policies so that you don't stick the cost of your funeral on your kids...lol.Lots of arthritis and oxygen commercials too. It's actually kind of amusing if you have a rather twisted sense of humor and I do!

Jabberwockey

Are bad commercials really bad for the product?

Or is the old line true that there is no such thing as bad publicity?

I told my hubby once how I couldn’t stand a commercial I just saw (don’t remember what it was) and he told me that they got me talking about the product....

I still remember a stupid series of commercials from when I was a kid. It was for an insurance company out of St Louis and I can still sing their jingle but I would NEVER get insurance from them. So yes, to an extent even bad publicity is publicity.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have been known to refuse to buy a product because of a commercial.

Just saw that one VERY early this AM (meaning I hadn't gone to bed yet).

I loathe Dr. Pepper, but that's a new addition to my list of awful commercials. Pretty funny though, as it woke Squeaky up and she dashed over to stare at the TV, trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
OK, this might just be because I'm a die hard Northerner, but I just saw a Cracker Barrel commercial advertising "Fried Chicken Benedict".

Basically, it's a Southern Fried Chicken Filet on an English muffin with Pimento Cheese Sauce...Ewwwww...

Nomad

Staff member
I had to google the Little sweet Diet dr Pepper commercial. Ugh. For me, not the worst I’ve seen, but I didn’t like it either.

Generally speaking, a bad commercial problem wouldn’t make me refuse to buy a product unless it insulted me.

But skittles pox seriously grossed me out so it might subconsciously do just that.

Jabberwockey

I find Little Sweet and the Skittles Pox commercials amusing. Granted, I have a fairly twisted sense of humor so take that for what its worth.