For pink:) old fashion shows and movies you still like

Lil

Fun thread, but some of you ladies make me feel old! I still think of things like Dallas and after as fairly contemporary! :roflmao:

Does anyone remember Dark Shadows (1960's)?

I LOVED the original series! You know they did a remake in the early 90's I think. I watched it faithfully. I'd run home from a night out at the bars to see it! I saw EVERY episode - except the last one!!! I could never find anyone who had recorded it. I still don't know how they ended the remake.

But the original - it was like a soap opera - on in the daytime. I'd get home from school just in time and my brother and I would huddle down under blankets to watch it. One of my best memories with my brother!

There are highly popular TV shows I have never seen any episodes of ever. One is Seinfeld. One is Friends. Not one. Ever.

See...those are NEW shows! LOL! I did see them, but really didn't watch them regularly. I had a moment when, if the main characters of the show were younger than me - I just didn't want to watch it. :p

Old shows I remember as a KID - like under 18 - were mostly what my parents wanted to see. After all, we had one TV and only two channels!

M*A*S*H
Hee Haw
Gun Smoke
Bonanza
High Chaparral
Big Valley (Are we seeing a preference here?)

I LOVED (and still do) Monty Python's Flying Circus - but it was SO hard to get to see because it wasn't one of "our" channels.
Twilight Zone
Night Gallery
The Outer Limits (My preferences are a tad different than my folks!)
Star Trek (of course!)

All the usual cartoons of course; Looney Toons, Jetsons, Road Runner...I also watched Land of the Lost. And does anyone remember HR Puffinstuff? How did I NOT know that was full of drug-references? More importantly...how did my PARENTS not know that?

AppleCori

Lonesome Dove—by Larry McMurtry, right?

I love this series!

I own Lonesome Dove, Return to Lonesome Dove, Streets of Laredo, Dead Mans Walk, Comanche Moon, Lonesome Dove the Series, Lonesome Dove The Outlaw Years. Everything Lonesome Dove has ever made on DVD.

Just to put this in perspective, I personally own only two other DVDs—Hell on Wheels, the first season, and Veep—which were both gifts and neither of which I have ever watched.

I like High Chaparral, too. I have them all on DVR.

I once had a house on a Chaparral Street. I probably bought it just for the name.

Lil

I liked Matlock. I also LA Law later and The Paper Chase.

Boy, was The Paper Chase unrealistic. Law school was much more boring than it was made out to be. Of course, I didn't go to Harvard.

Being a lawyer ruins those shows. Matlock was the least realistic of the bunch. You don't get to just ramble on to the jury in the middle of a trial. Zero procedure was followed on that show. :p

KTMom91

I'd forgotten about LA Law! Hill Street Blues, and does anyone remember Murder One? It only lasted one season, I think, but it followed one case from arrest to trial.