Fresh Start

JJJ

Starting over....again.

My new motto: Carpe Diem

I am constantly telling my kids that their lives are the results of their choices and if they don't like their lives, then make different choices. Time to look in the mirror and get that girl to start walking the walk.

Long term goals: Healthy weight, clean and organized house, balanced family finances, and a new career I love.

Today's daily goal: healthy eating, clean something, and make a budget

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
Wow! Good for you. I hope you are able to do it better than I would. I'd give up after a day or two. BRAVO for coming to this conclusion and more power to you.

JJJ

Wow! Good for you. I hope you are able to do it better than I would. I'd give up after a day or two. BRAVO for coming to this conclusion and more power to you.

I've given up many times. I'm hoping that I can start again just one more time than I give up.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I like the daily goal - it doesn't have to be the whole house, just SOMETHING. You eat an elephant one bite at a time...

JJJ

Getting better, today I walked a mile. House is cleaner than usual. Eating is erratic.

Tomorrow will be better yet!

JJJ,

Remember.... "baby steps..." Be gentle with yourself. in my humble opinion, it's difficult to tackle so many things head on at once. You walked a mile and picked up the house. This is a major accomplishment. As Step said,
"You eat an elephant one bite at a time..." (Love this Step!!) So True!!

Thinking of you today... SFR

JJJ

JJJ,

Remember.... "baby steps..." Be gentle with yourself. in my humble opinion, it's difficult to tackle so many things head on at once. You walked a mile and picked up the house. This is a major accomplishment. As Step said,
"You eat an elephant one bite at a time..." (Love this Step!!) So True!!

Thinking of you today... SFR

I need to have multiple goals. If I focus on one thing and hit a setback, it throws me into a horrible depression. With multiple goals, I can focus on something that is going well.

update: down 5 pounds, did my stretching exercises for the last 5 days!
house staying mostly clean, finances --eh, not worse.

i give myself a B for last week. Trying for an B+ this week

InsaneCdn

JJJ...
You need SEPARATE goals.
That means you need separate marks... in my opinion.
Here's my translation...
update:
Weigh loss: down 5 pounds = A+

Exercise: did my stretching exercises for the last 5 days! = Either A or A+ (I don't remember the exact goal)

Housecleaning: house staying mostly clean = A or A- depending on your specific goal

finances: --eh, not worse. = C

If you're going to average that, it's higher than a B... :)
If this was my kid's report card, I'd be pretty pleased.

Way To Go with losing five pounds, exercising and housekeeping too!! Finances can be a tough one to tackle but not worse is always good!!

I've got to get going. I'm supposed to be in my car already, heading for the health club... SFR

LittleDudesMom

JJJ,

glad to hear you are positive about getting back on that horse! Life is not about the winning but about the reaction to your circumstances. Positive (((((((vibes))))))).

Sharon