From bad to worse...much, much worse.

BusynMember

I don't know that I can take much more of the conversation right now. My brain hurts
Take a break, Lil. Do something...naughty?....with Jabber and you have earned the time off from worrying about your son. What a good, caring person you are. Be nice to you.

Lil

Take a break, Lil. Do something...naughty?....with Jabber and you have earned the time off from worrying about your son. What a good, caring person you are. Be good to you.

Bless you. I wish I could. But I'm at work. Having put in 11 1/2 hours on the weekend and will probably do overtime today. :(

So I really do have to go, just to get stuff done!

Scent of Cedar *

"Do you really think I'm that broken?" His very words.

Well, you could say something like, "I don't know. I know you suffer. This hurts me and hurts me, that you are suffering. You are so bright. You have us behind you. Time passes so quickly, and we want to help. You are twenty already. All the times we have suffered over where you were, over whether you were safe, over why you were doing what you are doing instead of being able to take advantage of the future we can give you. Man,that was tough. We love you too much to let you go without fighting for you. Because we don't know the answers, we think this might be a place to begin. Where do you see the path you are on now going? The only other option we have is to set you free ~ Which we have done. But it's hurting your mother."

"We miss you. We miss family. You have no right to do this. Not to us, and not to yourself."

"You were raised better than to do what you are doing."

Stuff like that.

I did this, actually.

And I am still here, posting away like everyone.

But I know I tried.

So I can look at myself in the mirror.

Cedar

BusynMember

've seen it in other kids, plus my own. Because Asperger's is NOT treatable by medication, often just understanding that we ARE different makes a huge difference. We can identify with public figures who are Aspie. We can do amazing things... at a cost to our social skills, among other things.
I am not neurotypical. It helped me tremendously to finally find out that I'm not lazy, stupid, or that the "different" things I do are actually due to neurological differences. I think it helps to know. You stop blaming yourself for everything. That is a huge pressure off of you. Also, the help CAN be very effective and encouraging.

Very few people understand how my mind words, or yours Insane, but the people who help us should...mine do. I am grateful. Wish I'd had it at a younger age. Sonic's life is good because it was caught young, but Lil and Jabber it's not too late for your son to understand himself better. He's not a failure. He's neurologically different. If he is, that is.