GEESH

pasajes4

Son called

Him: Mom I had an accident on my bike. I dislocated my shoulder. I need money for my prescription.

Me: What kind of medication?

Him: Narcon

Me: Not happening

Him: I need 350 for surgery.

Me: I need a Dr. that only charges 350 for surgery.

Hmm that is how much it costs to stay at a by the week motel

Gas light much

That is also the amount he owes in restitution for breaking my window. So perhaps he wants me to pay for my windows twice so he can avoid going back to jail for failure to comply with probation (he already violated probation on 2 other times) this would be his 3rd strike. So take your pick.

New Leaf

Geesh is right Pasa, will it ever end?
Good job holding your ground.
I am sorry for what your son has put you through and continues to think he can.
Sigh.
Stay strong sis. You are amazing.Tough. Resilient.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy
$350 for surgery..........:kickedoutsmile:

Tired out

Can we be friends? I need to be infused with your ability to call him out. Mine lies just the same way..manipulative lies. Hoping I will feel bad for him.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Son called

Him: Mom I had an accident on my bike. I dislocated my shoulder. I need money for my prescription.

Me: What kind of medication?

Him: Narcon

Me: Not happening

Him: I need 350 for surgery.

Me: I need a Dr. that only charges 350 for surgery.

Hmm that is how much it costs to stay at a by the week motel

Gas light much

That is also the amount he owes in restitution for breaking my window. So perhaps he wants me to pay for my windows twice so he can avoid going back to jail for failure to comply with probation (he already violated probation on 2 other times) this would be his 3rd strike. So take your pick.
Oh Passa if they could only see and hear what we see and hear. It pains me that this is your reality right now. If I could wish, will or force this away from you and have your son in rehab that would be my wish for you.
You are strong loving and wise. Someday I do pray that your son has those resources to help him to a path of sober living.

Kathy813

Staff member
My daughter used to use medical issues to try to get us to give her money. My personal favorite was when she had "anal cancer." Turned out to be a boil on her butt.

My therapist said that my daughter would use the things that she knew would scare my husband and me the most. So she would tell us that she was homeless (she wasn't), that she was hungry (she wasn't), or that she was sick (she wasn't). They know exactly how to play on our fears when they are trying to manipulate us.

You did a great job at holding your bondaries.

~Kathy

wisernow

wisernow
Great job staying the course. They must think we are total morons to continue to buy their stories. Yet there are times it is still so hard to say no. One day at a time.......