Getting off the internet 99 percent

BusynMember

Hi family.

I think its time for me to get off the internet almost completely....I will answer a few posts, but in a more concise way. I believe my sister will continue to read my posts as long as I am on the internet as much as I believe she will never totally leave her abusive boyfriend Kevin. She has extreme trouble letting go if not forced. Even leaving me is hard for her.

There is nothing I can do about her obsession with Kevin but i can do something about her obsession with my postings. Like not post.

I will not share about me or my kids anymore in my sparse posts here. Just quick advice/opinion. I have been PMing some people my two cents instead of posting here, and can be reached by PM by anyone. I will respond.

i have been here for so long I felt I should explain and give big cyber hugs, prayers and daily morning hot coffee or hot chocolate to all. I will keep sending you soothing drinks.

I highly recommend, besides staying here at this awesome place, looking at Reddit.com, another great advice site. i have been reading there ALOT. The topics are every topic. You can look up any topic and posts will come up. I do not ever post there but I do read there often. Im sure there must be posts about struggling grown kids, drugs, failure to adult, etc.You can sign up to post if you like. I just have not. Reading helps too.

Love and light! See you sparsely or in PM! XXX

Pam

Last edited:

Lil

Wow. I post here very rarely anymore myself, but I'll miss you Pam. I admit, you were a tad rough on me early on - ticked me off more than once - but you always meant well and I've grown to love you and your advice.

PM me any time. Lots of love to you.

Nomad

Staff member
Just an observation...I prefer using initials here out in the open. No names. Anonymity has been our friend. G. K. J. L. R.....whatever.

Private msgs are a different thing.

I am so glad you are staying SWOT, even if it just a little bit.

We had a post re FB. I deactivate for seven days (max allowed) then come on for five minutes. Check out photos of grandkids and any postings by close friends. Then deactivate again for seven days. Kinda quirky...I realize. Bottom line...it works for me. A huge reduction.

I have more time for several important things that I was neglecting. AND I just started a class and I’m loving it.

Anyway, Swot, you are so helpful and appreciated. Wonderful if you can come on as you feel works for you. :)

Tired out

I wouldn't want to be stalked either SWOT!
I am glad no one cares what I am doing or knows where I am :)
I have to say I have been cutting way, way back on internet time. I have lots of other things to do that were falling by the wayside becasue I was trying to make sense of my ds.
well I have decided I can't make sense of someone who has no sense!
instead I will take care of and have fun with Adam, Jill and Hubs.
We are going on a much deserved vacation as a family and then Adam and I are extending it for a while, he doesn't do well in the cold so we won't be back to northern life until snow and ice are gone. I have everything on auto pay so I don't even think I will take my computer. I don't look at forums on my phone. So it is a vacation from the cold and the internet for us. sun and sand..here we come!!

Take care y'all!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
We all have to do what is best for us. It's good to take a break from social media and the internet once in a while. I even take breaks from watching the news.
I'm glad you will still be around even if on a more "private" level.
((HUGS)) to you always my friend.