Gluten free cupcakes or cake - FLOURLESS

Star*

call 911........call 911
(borrowed from Hip2save)

LOOKS AWESOME

[h=4]Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake or Cupcakes[/h]Ingredients:
screen-shot-2012-03-14-at-7-52-39-pm.png

1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup almond butter (you could probably use another nut butter and get similar results)
1/3 to 1/2 cup honey (or use another sweetener like Agave Nectar)
1 teaspoon liquid Stevia (I LOVE the NuNaturals brand!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 ripe banana
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaping teaspoon baking soda​
Directions:
Throw coconut oil through banana in a Vitamix or blender or use a hand mixer. Blend everything until smooth. After doing so, stick your finger in (this is a requirement!
icon_wink.gif
) and taste… good stuff. In a bowl, throw in the cacao powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Now dump the coconut oil mix in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is incorporated. Once finished, decide if you want to make an 8×8 cake or 12 cupcakes (make sure to grease your pan well or use cupcake liners or parchment paper)…

Methuselah

THE best gluten-free cake recipe. Make sure you soak the rice flour in the milk to get rid of the graininess!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups white rice flour

3/4 cup tapioca flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

3 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon xanthan gum

4 eggs

1 1/4 cups white sugar

2/3 cup mayonnaise

1 cup milk

2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
Hide Checklist
Adjust Servings

Adjust
Metric US Original recipe yields 2 -8 or 9 inch layers
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and rice flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside.
Mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread batter into the prepared pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then frost, if desired.
Nutrition

Star, I would love to try this recipe along with Stepto2. Please give us the rest of it. Thanks!

Methuselah, This sounds delicious too. Thanks!

If you don't have time to bake, aren't in the mood, etc., try Trader Joe's gluten free chocolate chip cookies. They're the best store bought gluten free cookies I've tasted. A couple of weeks ago, I sent easy child/difficult child 3 a package of Trader Joe's gluten free Snickerdoodles to try. She said they were good. I haven't tried them yet.

TerryJ2

Do the Trader Joe's cookies have any milk products like butter?

I just found out that coconut powder substitute has milk in it. :(

I want a cookie!

Star, is the banana enough to keep all of that chocolate and sugar together? I don't see any rice flour or anything.

Terry,

Sorry! I'm looking at a package now and there are milk products in them. I found a small company the other day, husband and wife team (I think), that makes only gluten free cookies. I'm in a rush now but when I have a bit more time, I'll see if I can find it again, see if they make gluten free choc chip cookies without milk products. Got to run...

Terry,

Totally forgot about this thread! I know the company is based in Vermont but I can't remember the name of it. I think it's named after the wife(?) but I'm drawing a blank. I was going to send some of their cookies to easy child/difficult child 3 at her dorm but ended up sending her more Trader Joe's cookies instead. If I suddenly have one of those "lightbulb" moments, I'll be back... SFR